Lake Chelan question

Posted by: Sullie

Lake Chelan question - 07/18/03 12:53 AM

I am heading to lake chelan next week and was wondering what you guys use for trout. I have fished from the bank with power bait and did well. This time i am bringing my boat and would like to troll for some. Do I use the norm: spinners, spoons, popgear, worms, etc? or do you guys have anyother suggestions. Also where are some good spots to go that are close by 25 mile creek campground. Thanks in advance!!
Posted by: skydriftin

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/18/03 02:18 AM

watch the wind up that far, it usually blows hard every afternoon and it kicks up in a hurry
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/18/03 11:19 AM

I grew up fishing L.C., so here's a couple of things that worked for me:

For kokanee: Troll thin-bladed spoons or wedding rings behind pop-gear. If you use leaded line, go 5-6 colors deep and s-l-o-w. Downriggers are nice if you got 'em. Don't be surprised to hook a Mac this way, too.

For trout: This time of year the area has a lot of yellowjackets. Troll or cast 1/4 oz. yellow/black roostertails near outcroppings, coves, and docks.

Good luck! thumbs
Posted by: 3RiversBasser

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/19/03 01:30 AM

Hey sullie, try using a small chrome dodger in the 000 size and a small pink squid with a double hook set-up w/ a piece of white shoepeg corn on the front hook, or the dodger and a wedding ring with corn or a small piece of worm for trout/Kokes. I prefer the dodger because it tends to flatten out better and you feel the fish as opposed to the pop gear. For lakers use the U-20 FLATFISH w/ the glow or chartruese head.

P.S. Let us know how you did on Sat.
Posted by: 3RiversBasser

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/20/03 03:42 AM

Hey sullie about a half hour after you left big daddy landed a twenty pounder on the same spoon that we told you BUT we were using some out of the ordinary flashers i'll show u later.
Posted by: Sullie

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/25/03 05:22 PM

just got back from chelan and with alot of fish. i got over 15 cutties and a nice 18.25 inch rainbow. all caught on a wedding ring with a piece of worm.
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Lake Chelan question - 07/26/03 10:51 AM

thumbs