American Lake Kokes?

Posted by: EXFFPM

American Lake Kokes? - 04/14/04 02:31 AM

Looking to get out and catch some for the smoker (delicious!). Looking for some hot suggestions, mostly where and what time of day.... okay, and the best way as well. smile Stocked up with maggots, white corn, wedding bands and mini-trolls, worms. Still fish or troll, how deep (leaded line?), Chum (recipe?). Could'ja net 'em for me to? smile Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/14/04 09:33 AM

The area you want to go on American for koks is across from the WDFW launch over by the little marina. Corn or maggot tipped wedding rings will work.
Posted by: Ripsnort

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/14/04 12:01 PM

I'm heading out to American Lake on Friday. Will report in.

Edit: Plans pushed back until Sunday now.
Posted by: Ripsnort

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/18/04 07:41 PM

Well, no success, one nibble. We started with ford fenders and wedding rings topped with worms. Switched to bobbers and white corn, shot of WD40. Then tried various spots for bass, threw everything at them. Natta.

Weather was nice though, and company (wife, 2 kids) was excellent hello

Still no fish blood in my virgin boat. huh rolleyes
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/19/04 01:52 AM

Bummer you did not get any fish. American can be a tough lake to fish.
Posted by: Roadkill

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/23/04 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EXFFPM:
Looking to get out and catch some for the smoker (delicious!). Looking for some hot suggestions, mostly where and what time of day.... okay, and the best way as well. smile Stocked up with maggots, white corn, wedding bands and mini-trolls, worms. Still fish or troll, how deep (leaded line?), Chum (recipe?). Could'ja net 'em for me to? smile Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Try still fishin just North of the VA Hospital real early in the morning....it always seems to be a hot spot.

Chum - Eggs and Corn meal....has alwys worked for me.

Fish On!~
Posted by: Roadkill

Re: American Lake Kokes? - 04/23/04 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Still no fish blood in my virgin boat.
Nice boat Rip!~

You''ll get some blood on it soon.

Fish On!~