Posted by: Raffpap

New Member - 02/15/07 01:19 PM

Howdy, all! My name is Gary and I reside in Medical lake, WA. I'm a retired Army Master Sergeant w/23 years service. My wife is an active duty Air Force Tech Sergeant stationed at Fairchild AFB. We will most likely retire here altogether upon completion of her service, hence my link-up with you folks!

As a reminder to all, the March 1 opener on Amber and Coffeepot Lakes is just 2 weeks away. These eastside lakes are both phenomenal stillwater fisheries with restrictive regulations (no bait, single barbless hook, mostly catch and release) that everyone should try. The rainbows are large, powerful and strong...especially those in Coffeepot!!! It's the closest thing to steelhead fishing in this immediate area that one will find! Rainbows in both can exceed 20" with some triploids reaching a full 24". Most fish run from 16-19". Amber will also give up an occasional cutthroat in the 14-18" range. The opener on both usually coincides with ice-off, give or take a few days, and the fishing can be absolutely fantastic! Fly fishermen do well on chironimids, nymphs and streamers as do hardware guys tossing spinners and spoons. C-ya there and good luck!
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: New Member - 02/15/07 07:54 PM

Welcome and thanks to you and your wife for your service.

RVW
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: New Member - 02/16/07 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
Welcome and thanks to you and your wife for your service.

RVW

Yes, welcome and thanks.
Posted by: fp

Re: New Member - 02/19/07 06:04 PM

Welcome.

fp
Posted by: Fish Whisperer

Re: New Member - 02/19/07 06:55 PM

Thank you Gary and your wife for your sacrifice to serve our country. If you ever over to the west side you got a seat in my boat. Welcome.
Posted by: fishpinner

Re: New Member - 02/20/07 02:51 AM

Welcome, raffpap. What do you do now that you're retired from the service?