BC Recommendations

Posted by: Yarnie

BC Recommendations - 02/03/13 08:39 AM

Hey guys..
I was hoping to take a trip with my dad sometime this spring or summer and was looking at BC as a destination as it is a shorter trip than Alaska from Chicago, and was hoping you guys could point me towards a good lodge and give advice on when would be a good time to go.
I love salmon and steelheae fishing but would love to catch a halibut if possible..plus my pops is older and shouldn't do any hardcore wading.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Posted by: cobble cruiser

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/03/13 01:34 PM

Why go to BC when you can..........

For a perfect halibut and steelhead package, you gotta check out Glacier Bear Lodge......... [url=www.piscatorialpursuits.com]http://www.glacierbearlodge.com/[/url]

Limits of 2 halibut and all the bottom fish you can imagine with one of the greatest captains around plus the largest steelhead run in Alaska literally carpets the bottom, no joke. They fully guide steelhead fisherman with a drift boat or will rent you a drifter to do it yourself. Oh yes......... and they have a pretty awesome bar too. thumbs

Danny

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/03/13 05:43 PM

Isn't this the lodge that was just on Hotel:Impossible? I saw that thread, and while I'm all about supporting board members, I'd like it to be a comfortable experience.
thanks for the input Danny,regardless

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/03/13 05:50 PM

Ok, after looking at the site it looks cool as hell..how does one get to Yakutat?
Posted by: Dub

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/03/13 09:05 PM

They have a full size airport and direct flights from seattle.

I was there last spring and found the room ok. Been in many rooms that cater to sportsmen here in WA state that were much worse.

Resturant was great and the Alaskan Amber was fresh.
Posted by: Larry B

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/04/13 01:40 PM

Actually, those flights depart Seattle-Tacoma Int'l Airport or from the city of Sea-Tac. Unless, of course, they are really leaving from Boeing Field......
Posted by: coastwide

Re: BC Recommendations - 02/12/13 08:44 PM

you can always check us out...
Incredible fishing all summer
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: BC Recommendations - 03/08/13 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Why go to BC when you can..........

For a perfect halibut and steelhead package, you gotta check out Glacier Bear Lodge......... [url=www.piscatorialpursuits.com]http://www.glacierbearlodge.com/[/url]

Limits of 2 halibut and all the bottom fish you can imagine with one of the greatest captains around plus the largest steelhead run in Alaska literally carpets the bottom, no joke. They fully guide steelhead fisherman with a drift boat or will rent you a drifter to do it yourself. Oh yes......... and they have a pretty awesome bar too. thumbs

Danny

I must say, I have read your posts about this lodge from time to time, and you have my attention to say the least! This is the kind of trip my dad and I have been looking for! One of these days! hopefully sooner than later...

Tyler
Posted by: ned

Re: BC Recommendations - 03/31/18 08:29 AM

Hakai lodge. We've gone the last 17 years. Pm if you want to talk
Posted by: ericl

Re: BC Recommendations - 04/13/18 08:39 AM

www.fishmasset.com
Posted by: JamesDavid

Re: BC Recommendations - 07/10/18 04:49 AM

Thanks for the recommendations, fellas!