Meat Processing

Posted by: Predator Dawg

Meat Processing - 09/25/02 10:46 AM

Where do you take your big game for processing in the Seattle area / Eastside. Years ago, there was an establishment in Snohomish we would take a side of beef to for processing, but I'm not sure they are still around. Hoping to find a company someone can recommend from personal experience. Also, do you simply hang and clean your game, then wrap it in a game bag and take it in that way or is there better ways?

As far as the processing goes, I simply don't have the extra hours to make all the pepperoni's and sausages, nor do I have the equipment. What should I expect to pay, per pound, for these services?

Thanks for any input.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Meat Processing - 09/25/02 04:24 PM

Fisher Brothers in Issaquah does a good job. I've had four caribou and about the same number of deer done by them.
They are right on Front St in the old downtown area.
Posted by: TRAUT

Re: Meat Processing - 09/25/02 09:21 PM

Just down the road from Issaquah, there is an older German fellow in Hobart (hobart meats?) that charges $40 to cut and wrap a deer if you bring it in skinned. He charges a reasonable fee for sausage, pepperoni, burger etc. ., can't remember the exact price. Swing by or maybe call if you find a number in the book. Good luck.
Posted by: HBP

Re: Meat Processing - 09/25/02 10:35 PM

I always butcher my animals,but my brother has has quite a few animals done at Hobart meats. That's the same way my brother describes the owner "That old German guy". laugh I can't remember what he charges but he seems very reasonable,I think TRAUT's prices are about right.
Posted by: fish medic

Re: Meat Processing - 09/26/02 01:07 AM

Predator Dawg, where do you hunt eastside? Last year a buddy in our camp got a deer on the 2nd day of the season, then took it to a place just south of Tonasket (just off hwy 97) and it was done 2 days later for about $50. I dont know what they were called, but he found them in the phone book.

He was a happy camper with the job they did, and liked having it all cut and wrapped when he got home from the trip.
Posted by: On The Hook

Re: Meat Processing - 09/26/02 02:35 PM

fish medic was the place you had yours done south of Tonasket in the town of Riverside thats the town half way between Omak and Tonasket.

Re: Meat Processing - 09/27/02 11:51 AM

PT-yep thats the place, just on the south side of the bridge on the west side of hwy 97. They did a real nice job and were reasonably priced too.

Re: Meat Processing - 09/27/02 02:38 PM

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Fish Medic, I will be more towards the SE part of the State but will keep that information for when we head to that area.
Posted by: On The Hook

Re: Meat Processing - 09/27/02 10:05 PM

fish medic

I tried finding the name of the place and can't. My friends over there know who I am talking about but don't know the name LOL!!!!!.

There's a good place to call and ask and that is Daves Gun & Pawn it is my wifes cousins and they have all the knowledge you will need(I would have called but didn't get the chance). There # is (509)826-0544.

Hope that helps some. smile

Re: Meat Processing - 09/28/02 12:32 AM

Thanks PT.

I appriciate the tips and phone #.

Good luck this fall.
Posted by: RK43

Re: Meat Processing - 10/07/02 04:57 PM

Kelsos is the place in Snohomish. They did a great job on the deer I put an arrow in this September.
They charge .59 a pound cut and wrap with a 100 pound minimum. I was 20 pounds shy on the doe, so I payed a little more per pound. They did a great job.

Got my #32 grinder and five pound stuffer on order. Can you say pepperoni? laugh laugh

Re: Meat Processing - 10/08/02 12:32 PM

Thanks for the tip RK43. Glad to hear they are still around.