Sweets 7.62

Posted by: glowball

Sweets 7.62 - 11/23/02 09:25 AM

Have you guys that shoot guns over 3000fps ever tried it. An old timer turned me onto it. Claims it is the only stuff he's tried that will take the brass out of your riflings. I took my 7mm down there a couple weeks ago and I had just cleaned my gun. Well it was a pretty ugly sight seeing all that stuff come out that i thought I'd already gotten out. He said that with guns shooting faster than 3000fps you'll need to remove that brass buildup more often. Plugs up the riflings and reduces accuracy.
Posted by: fishtale

Re: Sweets 7.62 - 11/23/02 02:10 PM

Yep found that out last year!!!That blue crud that comes out is the copper build up.After you use it a few times your groups are a lot tighter!!I use it on all my rifles even ones that dont
shoot over 3,000ft per second and it help them all. hello
Posted by: TRAUT

Re: Sweets 7.62 - 11/24/02 12:00 AM

Have used this stuff on all my rifles for years. It works best if you run a juicy patch down the barrel and then let it sit overnight. Don't let it sit too long, since the ammonia in Sweets will attract moisture in the air and cause surface rust.
Posted by: fishtale

Re: Sweets 7.62 - 11/24/02 02:21 PM

I was told by a gunsmith to take a swab and plug one end of the barrel fill the barrel with
sweets 7.62 then plug the other end of the barrel with a swab and let it sit for 1 hour!! He said dont let it sit in the barrel for any longer,1 hour is plenty of time for it to loosen all the copper out of the riflings then clean it well with a brush and then patches until all the blue color is gone then put your favorite protecting oil in it then your done. hello