Coyote Hunting

Posted by: chromeslayer

Coyote Hunting - 01/31/03 01:10 PM

Any good coyote hunting areas in the state? Love to call em in and watch em drop. Any information would be helpful. GMU #s or general areas.

chromeslayer
Posted by: TRAUT

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/01/03 11:55 PM

The farm fields west of Chehalis on the road to Pe Ell are loaded w/ them. Ask the farmers north of Adna on either Deep Creek or Bunker Creek roads. Try the farms the border the wooded hills. Good luck.
Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/02/03 01:03 AM

Also, just about anywhere in the Okanogan area. During deer season, half the time I would glass from a ridge I'd see at least one coyote somewhere.
Posted by: bearmanric

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/03/03 01:03 PM

give the steamplant. vail area. a try in the closed road area's. Moses Lake area. on the Eastside. Good Luck Rick
Posted by: Buck

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/04/03 11:07 PM

Bsically anywhere in the state that you cna hunt is good. They are every where. There is a lot of good areas around your neck of the woods. Closed road area will be better as they don't get as much pressure and a lot less vehicle traffic.
Buck
Posted by: sturgio

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/05/03 02:49 PM

i heard a good place to go is coyote king road, love to hang out in the old rose gardens, try a rabbit in distress call
Posted by: Asteiger

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/10/03 12:00 AM

If you can get your hands on a Fishing and Hunting news they have some good articles on where to hunt coyotes, they said any where around yakima all you have to do is get out of sight distance from your vehicle and start calling. They have some pretty good information in there. Any one else been hunting yotes lately??

Skeets
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/10/03 08:24 PM

Never targeted them but have seen several while Dove and Pheasant hunting in Quincy.
Posted by: chromeslayer

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/12/03 04:08 PM

Thanks for the information. I appreciate all of the information and if any other coyote hunters out there, fill free to share some stories and/or what gun you prefer to use.

chromeslayer
Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

Re: Coyote Hunting - 02/12/03 04:19 PM

Guns???

Well... if you want to save the hides, use something small like a .222 or a .223, preferably loaded down a bit.

If you don't want to save the hides, then use your deer rifle. It's good practice for later on in deer season as it really makes one familar with their deer gun.

No sport in using a shotgun on coyotes as they don't fly.