Lets get Ready to "Rally"

Posted by: Anonymous

Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/10/03 02:14 PM

These are some emails that have been posted on some other message boards. This is going to be a great day for all sportsmen, fisherman included we are all the same, consumptive users.
If there are any quetions I will try and answer the best I can. I will get Robert to register here at this board and between the both of us we will get your questions answered. Many volunteers are needed as contacts or flyer distributers, so please email Rob. More info can be read at www.duckhunter.net under the two "Olympia Rally" threads on the Washington board.

Thanks
============================
Here is the synopsis of it: We are heading to Olymia in as large a force as we possibly can. We want to get the word out that we are sick and tired of being treated as third class citizens. We are tired of the looks we get when others find out we hunt. We are tired of being linked by association, to anyone that commits a crime with a gun. We need people to realize that we are huge economic contributors to this state. In 2000, we spent over 1.4 billion dollars here! Remove the hunters from the state, and there will be more than one town go under.

It is time for the hunters of the state to finally stand, in as unified a position as possible, and shout "We are HUNTERS, we are PROUD, and we will be HEARD!"

Every major organization that I have contacted regarding this (HHC, WWC, etc) has told me they thought it a good idea, but that they wouldn't pass this along through their email network. Most haven't even made time for this as a passing mention in any meeting. I have spoken with the head of HHC and WWC, and received the same reply. I spent a Saturday trying to get everyone behind this at the Puyallup Sportsman Show, but most only tokenly nodded and smiled.

The legislators know we are coming, and we need to get as many people there as possible. If your attendance can not be made, then please feel free to send an email showing your support of our traditions and heritage in this state.

==============================

Time is 11-1 Place, Tivoli Fountain Parking is $.50/hr My email is robert1970@hotmail.com

I know you folk don't know me from Adam, I know you all want to have good representation at the governmental level. Well here is your chance, I will not knock any organization out there specifically, but they all seem to be sitting back on their hands. It is time to do something, the anti's are chipping away at what we all love the most, and in your hearts, you know that we will not have lands to hunt in 40-60 years if we don't act now.

WDFW has 100+ unfunded enforcement positions on the books. It keeps them there because they are needed. Without these 100+ positions, the WDFW has stated that it does not have the positions available to protect our wildlife! 100+ EMPTY positions... how can they protect our wildlife now?!

I can't promise you anything here folks. This is an entirely grassroots movement that we have started. We have no affiliation or support from any group on an official front. We are on our own, when the anti's show up, we will have to battle them with wit and intelligence. They are prepared, we are trying to be. We will have press releases out to all forms of media across the state by Thursday. We hope they will respond favorably. We will have fliers to put in windows of our vehicles, handouts to be put on the counter of the sporting goods department. We even have some folks wanting to pass them out in front of the grocery stores.

Officially, the legislature has ignored this as a valid function. However, I have spoken with 7 of our congressmen and they expressed the need for district reps to be pinned down in face to face meetings. This is why I posted that on the original message. We do not have a mass legislator meeting set up, nor did we want to. We wanted everyone concerned, to take it upon themselves to get involved with a 5-10-15 minute meeting with their legislator. Let them know they will lose a vote, or will gain 1. To let them know that we are connected, that we are not the dirt poor "redneck hillbillies" portrayed by the media. Let them know that we will tell everyone we know when they support us, lest they forget we elected them to server our needs!

Will stop ranting now, please email me if you have questions or wish to throw your voice into the pile to be presented at the rally. I promise that if your body can't be seen, your voice will be heard!

Robert J. robert1970@hotmail.com
Posted by: Robert J.

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/11/03 02:10 PM

Thanks driftboater, I promise not to plunk in the middle of your drift laugh

The above post pretty much said a mouthfull, and if anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

It is going to be a great day in Olympia, the word is going out all across the state, and the response has been terrific!!

Robert
Posted by: KNOPHISH

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/11/03 03:24 PM

Sorry I can't make it down, but am wondering what the agenda or topic is? I didn't see any bill numbers. I hope it isn't because of the way someone looks at you when you tell them you're a hunter. I don't get it. I'm supporting a few gun rights orgs already & I think you have to pick the fights that will do the most good. I still like to show my bloody hunting & fishing pictures to the antis. heheheh
Posted by: Buck

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/11/03 11:30 PM

I still can't figure out when you are planing this? All I would suggest is that you have the rally before the end of April. The legislature is in session now adn if you wait to long the wont be. The legislators go home when session is over, so you don't want what you have to say land on def ears.
Buck

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/12/03 08:27 AM

Hey, Buck...

Sorry about that, the date is March 20th. all the permitting has been secured and we are ready to roll.
here is a link that Robert has put together where you can print of fliers and such. Please take to your local sporting goods store, gas station, work etc.etc.

http://home.centurytel.net/wa_hunter_safety/

There are no specific bills we are going in support of, just the fact that we are Hunters and Fisherman that want to make a difference and be heard.
Trying to be proactive!

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/14/03 10:05 PM

Sorry guys, have been out sick for the last few days.

The agenda is multi-fold, but basically boils down to a grassroots movement to get the hunting public to begin unification. This rally in Olympia is not to push any agenda, but to bring the hunter into focus. To bring our 1.4 billion dollar industry into the eye of Joe Public. We are going to Olympia to stir the pot with the legislators, to become a thorn in the side by being that fly that never goes away. We are starting the buzz now to grow in the future. We believe that we have been wronged every time we turn around. We believe that we need to stand now, or our children and their children will have no place to practice what we teach them today.

We are going to Olympia to be unified in front of the legislature and the public. To stand and state clearly and loudly that we refuse to be ignored any more. We want to see the WDFW use the enforcement positions it has on the books, that are not funded, to protect our wildlife. That we want to see our lands used in such a manner as to promote historic use, as well as diversified use.

We need a unified voice in this state. HSUS pushed 713 because sportsmen were not unified. How many of you voted trapping down because you never did it, nor ever planned to, so it wouldn't affect you? How many of you did the same with hound hunting? How many of you will stand by when waterfowl hunting opportunities get reduced to the point of non-existance? How many will vote to eliminate pheasant release sites because of the propaganda HSUS is already pushing out there to the public? How many don't big game hunt because the size of the animal brings a negative feeling to your heart? How many wouldn't hunt with a bow for the same reason?

How much are you willing to lose? 1 battle? 5? As long as it doesn't affect you, will you vote for it, or against it? Most of all, how many of you have sat in a blind, or along the bank of a river and complained because this or that should be done?

Now is the time to stand up and do it, now is the time to voice your concern. Now is the time to set an appointment with your legislator or email them on the 20th of March, tell them to look out the window. Tell them to see the gathering of people at Tivoli Fountain, let them know that the number out there will only be growing, and it may cost them their job unless they finally listen!

Robert

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/15/03 08:20 AM

I give that a standing ovation! Two thumbs up!

Robert, you have the bug that I have lost, you sound very good, keep it up!

Oh, BTW,, you better move when I come drifting by! Better yet, why dont we plan a day a go fishing. I got blackmouth open in my neck of the woods along with a river that has been producing some slabs.

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/15/03 08:37 AM

driftboater, sounds like a plan. Would love to hook up and get some fishing done. Never gone after blackmouth, so that would be a unique experience!

As for the bug, well let's just say that you helped with that. It is quite easy to lose it, especially when people don't respond. No matter how motivated you are, you can't help but wonder if anyone will ever listen. Can't help but wonder if what the legislators and the anti's have been saying is true, that hunters can not unite even to defend their rights. They believe they can take what we love away a little at a time, as long as hunters remain divided they whittle away. How much have we already seen lost? You know this though, it was your passion that lead me to where I am now. I just hope I can bring someone else on the road with me.

That's how we do it, my friend, one person at a time laugh

Robert
Posted by: Buck

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/17/03 11:35 PM

I think what you are planning is a good idea. Because where I work I can't attend. So I would just like to say to those that are going to go. Good luck and look presentable. Don't go there wearing camo and blaze orange to make a statement. The people need to see that hunters are regular citizens also. Not a bunch of slobs ( that the media and antis make us out to be). I for one never voted for any of the measures that were mentioned. I felt that if we lose one then we are bound to lose another and then were will it stop?? So do a good job for us and have fun also.
Buck

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/18/03 08:21 AM

Hey Buck,, sorry work will not allow you to attend but maybe you might be able to print some of the flyer's off and go and deliver to your various local shops..

Dont forget to send an email or two to your Senator and Reps. letting them know your support for us.
Posted by: Hog King

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/27/03 07:04 PM

I'm pretty sure that I can make it.

Whoever's putting this together....Way To Go!!

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 02/27/03 07:33 PM

HogKing,, Good to hear that you will be in attendance!

Below is the official/un-official website that has congregated all of the information to one place.

http://www.sharkland.net/usow/

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 03/01/03 08:46 AM

driftboater,
Thanks for putting that up there for me. I hadn't the chance to make it this way in a while.

That website is a great source of information.

If anyone has further questions regarding the 20th, just ask. I will be more than happy to answer any I can.

Hogking, we look forward to having you down there with us! There are going to be people there from all different walks of life and different sporting venues. There is talk of a luncheon afterward, so be prepared to meet lots of new folks.

Robert

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 03/18/03 10:01 PM

Just wanting to drop a reminder the rally is day after tomorrow.

We will still be conducting this even in the event of war. There will be anti-war protesters there, but we will remain civil.

Robert

Re: Lets get Ready to "Rally" - 03/19/03 11:22 AM

hey, so does that mean its tommorrow Thursday the 20th. laugh

Got my signs made, my sunday best out, appointments with 2 of my reps, and gassed up the rig for a 4 hour drive.

Anybody else going? does the person coming from farthest away get a prize??

See ya tommorrow!