Westside turkeys??

Posted by: Scott B.

Westside turkeys?? - 04/08/03 10:20 PM

Does anyone hunt turkeys on the westside of wa. and how productive is it? I now spots to go clear on the eastside but its to far to go for a bird right now so would be interested in any help closer to home. Tks scott
Posted by: Hairy Ape

Re: Westside turkeys?? - 04/09/03 01:05 AM

Scott, I don't know how it is around Forks, but around here there are quite a few turkeys, but most of them hang out on private land most of the time, especially this time of year. They like those nice green pastures, where all the cattle are, you know? It would be a pretty tough hunt. I would rather drive to the eastside if I was gonna go. There's a lot more birds, and a lot more places to hunt.
Posted by: montemetalhead

Re: Westside turkeys?? - 04/11/03 09:47 PM

Scott, with four days until the opener its going to be tough to bag a tom, scouting plays a huge role in turkey hunting perhaps even more here on the westside, fewer turkeys and lotsa and lotsa of brushy land, but there are turkeys around, you may want to try around the wynoochee river drainage, capitol forest and rochester and points further south, I know the areas are rather vague but I can't give up all my hard earned spots. Good luck