Turkey question

Posted by: troller

Turkey question - 04/30/03 01:10 PM

I was driving home from eastern washington fishing on monday. About a mile east on the tinkman rd exit standing next to I-90 their was this big wild turkey standing next to the road. It suprised me I didnt think their were any around here. I know they reintroduced them in some areas east of the mountains. Are they now in western washington or was this one lost.
Posted by: CWUgirl

Re: Turkey question - 04/30/03 01:17 PM

You're not alone in your sightings. My brother saw a wild turkey along I-90 closer to North Bend a few weeks ago.

On the Eastside of the mountains, there are healthy populations of Rio Grande and Miriams turkeys. I've heard they've reintroduced some in the Central WA area, specifically right outside of Ellensburg, but have yet to hear of any sightings.
Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

Re: Turkey question - 04/30/03 03:18 PM

I too spotted a turkey west of Snoqualmie pass a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was an oddball bird that somehow came over from the Ellensburg plant.
Posted by: stilly bum

Re: Turkey question - 05/01/03 03:21 AM

CWUgirl, I saw wild turkeys on my way up Manastash Creek more than once.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Turkey question - 05/01/03 10:40 AM

CWU,, saw a very nice gobbler on the river just above the KOA ramp, last week..
Posted by: Camofish

Re: Turkey question - 05/04/03 05:29 AM

I took a nice Tom over in the Blues with a 12" beard, using a single shot 20GA. My first ever. I too saw a wild hen just east of North Bend on I-90 on the way home. Ironic.

~Camo
Posted by: philpac33

Re: Turkey question - 05/04/03 12:44 PM

i too have seen wild turkeys, the last being a 21 lb tom w. a 9" beard i took two weeks ago, my biggest bird so far
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Turkey question - 05/09/03 07:34 PM

Spotted a bottle of Wild Turkey in a cabinet, can't remember the rest laugh