Our friend the cougar at it again.

Posted by: glowball

Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/16/03 10:43 PM

What do the hound haters think of this.
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/news/2003/0604/1563298.html
Posted by: goforchrome

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/17/03 08:27 PM

I was writing a reply then figured 'why bother'.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/17/03 08:58 PM

Makes me chuckle they blame this on urban sprawl/encroachment rolleyes

Gimme a break!

The increased encounters mirror the fact that hounds were banned...
Posted by: ACT

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/19/03 11:02 AM

Heck there's nothing new in the above story as there's been one cat killed at the Four Corners Intersection about 1/4 mile from my place. Another one killed by law enforcement eating a women's cocker spanial in her Garage at Lords Lake. One killed a friends sheep south of Lake Leland.

I had one in my yard looking at my wife's Siamese Cat up under an old Ford P/U and all the while neighborhood kids were playing in their yards not 100 Yards away. I've also have had Bear, Bobcat, Coyotes, Coons, even River Otter.

This all within the last 10 years.

Just yesterday morning my brother went to let out his Golden Lab at Adelma Beach on Discovery Bay and three Bucks standing in his yard. He said it so facinated him that he stood there in his shorts watching them while traffic was going by on Discovery Road.
Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/23/03 01:56 AM

I like that other story about the wolves to... That would be a nice rug to hang.

Curtis
Posted by: Camofish

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/24/03 04:13 AM

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 06/24/03 04:16 AM

Oh yeah! Is a house cat considered livestock? laugh

TL/WN
Camo
Posted by: Jason

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 07/14/03 01:49 PM

The only opinion I've heard about these are the same ones I heard about the wolves being forcibly "introduced" to the the same areas. Every single person (several current or former wildlife officials) said to just remember the "three S's" (as in shoot, shovel, shut up). I can't imagine not defending myself should I feel threatened by a cougar any more than I would by a 2-legged threat.
Posted by: DeKuma

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 07/15/03 12:48 AM

I would prefer the Shoot, Skin, Saute' method myself.

Given the choice or my safety and that of an animal........... I certainly would not pick the animal! (or another human for that matter)
Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 07/15/03 05:51 PM

hehe reminds me of an episode of South Park... The only one I've ever seen... Just remember this line if you see a nice trophy sized animal after hunting season... "AHHHHH ITS GONNA KILL ME!!"

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 07/16/03 01:23 PM

Quote:
I would prefer the Shoot, Skin, Saute' method myself.
Saute? I've heard they're pretty good, but has any body ever tried cougar(THE OTHER WHITE MEAT)? I just imagine that it would taste like a litter box(Not that I would know what one taste like). laugh

Camo
Posted by: Stringer

Re: Our friend the cougar at it again. - 07/17/03 12:13 AM

My neighbor eats all the lynx he shoots. I have not tried them, but he loves it.