2x4 Quad??

Posted by: Fishtales

2x4 Quad?? - 09/17/03 01:06 AM

I'm shopping for a quad for hunting season. I only need a 2 wheel drive (so I've been told). I'm leaning towards a Kawasaki Bayou 250. Anyone have any imput on what you've been happy with??
Thanks!
Posted by: glowball

Re: 2x4 Quad?? - 09/17/03 07:09 AM

To me buying a 2 wheel drive quad is like buying a 2 wheel drive truck. I wouldn't do it. You will appreciate the 4 wheel drive in the woods trust me. Are you looking used or new. New I would buy the kodiak or rubicon both are good bikes. Used I would get one of the older honda fourtrax 300 quads. We've used and abused ours since 93 and it still will hall whole elk up a cliff. I can't even express our happiness with that ol bike.

Give us a little more of an idea of what you're gonna be doing and we'll be able to help you more.

Glow
Posted by: Fishtales

Re: 2x4 Quad?? - 09/17/03 02:12 PM

It's mainly going to be for recreational use. I'm going to Montana this fall and after that will be using it for cruising around for fun, logging roads and trails. I need something light enough to handle on my own. I've been watching for used ones, but wow, they sell fast!! A couple people I've talked to say the 2x4 will get around fine and with a winch can get out of almost anything. The longer it's taking the dealer to get a 250, the longer I have to second guess my choice. I appreciate your input..... decisions, decisions!!