Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk!

Posted by: Dogfish

Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/26/03 08:22 PM

Check this out! A real 7x7. Sorry Dan, only had time to load one, I'll get the other one up tomorrow night.

I'll let you tell the story.

Andy
Posted by: Aix sponsa

Re: Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/26/03 09:53 PM

Nice con grats
my first was a 7x7 in NM it's never been the same it's the memory that gets you every time from now on. hello
Posted by: Fisher-Dan

Re: Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/28/03 02:27 AM

Thanks for putting the pic up Andy. That hunt was a blast. The bull had a really unique bugle - sounded like a donkey braying followed by a one note buge.

I got this one at 24 paces with my muzzleloader. I was actually trying to move in on two other bulls when this one got in the way.... smile

That's two elk down this year, and I still get to hunt Eastern oregon in a few weeks. Add to that the fact that my two older boys drew cow tags for Umtanum and we should be eating well for a while.

Happy hunting all.
Posted by: Camofish

Re: Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/28/03 11:12 AM

If you run out of room in your freezer, I've got some room in mine! laugh laugh laugh

Congrats and good luck to your boys!

Camo
Posted by: CWUgirl

Re: Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/28/03 07:11 PM

That is awesome!! Neat rack on that bull. Is that a 6x6? He must have been a biggin!
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Fisher Dan's Wyoming elk! - 09/28/03 08:22 PM

This should answer the question as to how big it really was/is.

[img]http://www.steelheader.net/photopost/data/500/666tworacks-med.jpg?4817[/img]

Sorry it took me so long, Dan. I was busy cleaning clams. Gotta go get some more.