Clip capacity for hunting (legal)

Posted by: sockeye

Clip capacity for hunting (legal) - 10/07/03 09:59 PM

My problem is I have a 308 semi-auto rifle that I want to use for hunting. The standard 4 round clip has been lost. They won't be in at the store until next week. (back order) I do have an older clip that holds approx 8 rounds. Is there a law that limits clips to a certain capacity. I know its illeagal to sell the larger clips now. If I only loaded the larger clip with 4 rounds would I be legal? I looked all thru the hunt regs I couldn't find anything relating to clip size or capacity. Can anyone help??
Posted by: Hog King

Re: Clip capacity for hunting (legal) - 10/08/03 09:55 AM

I have researched the Ruke book as well as the RCWs and WACs and can find no restriction or limit on the number of rounds that a legal firearm can hold. That is to say, there appears to be no limit on clip capacity.

I had this conversation with a gamie several years ago and he stated that there was no limit on the number of rounds.

Call the local DFW office and verify. I'll try to do the same later this AM.

Hog
Posted by: BERKLEY BOY75

Re: Clip capacity for hunting (legal) - 10/15/03 08:23 PM

its not illegal to sell larger magazines, i do believe companies cant make anymore bigger magazines, but however, try www.cheaperthandirt.com they may have what your looking for..