Late Muzzleloader

Posted by: fish-hunter

Late Muzzleloader - 11/15/03 03:50 PM

I may take my 12 YO son to Snoqualmie tree farm for late ML hunt. Anybody know of any other options that may save me $165? We did the walk in only stuff during the early season and it wore him out.

Thanks, The Ren
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/19/03 01:32 AM

Fish Hunter,

You have a mountain bike or two? I have a few areas near me that are "any deer" that offer an excellent opportunity for success.

I'm taking my 16 year old nephew this weekend for his first ML hunt, and hopefully for his second deer.

I have a few spots south and west of Olympia that you might want to look at.

Andy
Posted by: fish-hunter

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/21/03 12:21 AM

Sent you an email....sorry it took so long to get back but work made me travel.

Thanks - The Ren (Dave)

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/21/03 08:49 PM

Back at ya'. You have mail!
Posted by: papaslap

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/22/03 01:10 AM

great zippered muzzles help

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/22/03 04:33 PM

Papaslap,

If you want to know some spots, not a problem. I see you are close by. I answered fish-hunter's request for info, especially because he is taking his son out. I also helped FisherDan's two boys with tag selection and lent them my GPS with waypoints marked where I had seen large concentrations of mule deer last year and both boys ended up getting their first deer.

I am taking my nephew out tomorrow and while I don't mind running into a hunter here and there, I don't want to run into "the herd" because they saw my post. My nephew is a young hunter, and I want to concentrate on making sure he is safe without worrying about 10 other hunters. Today when I was hunting there was not another soul around, then again, I was 4.5 miles behind a locked gate. The internet is a powerful tool, and I can't limit who sees the info, by keeping it off line, I can.

Anyway, if you need help, I'd be happy to give you a few ideas where to go.

Andy
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Late Muzzleloader - 11/22/03 11:03 PM

Way to go Andy. This board is way too big to give out specific directions to a hunting area. I too give out specifics "offline".
Keep helping people out.
Dave