How was your late bowhunt?

Posted by: Chrome454

How was your late bowhunt? - 12/21/03 03:53 PM

We hunted in the 368 cowichee unit for elk and deer. Saw elk and deer every day and I shot and my buddy shot. Both were very near misses. The animals especially the does seemed really spooked, it was very hard to get close to them. I guess that will happen after all the hunting pressure though. Still thinking of maybe busting out on the westside for blacktail before the end of the month. Anybody know any good areas for a late dec blacktail hunt.
Thanks and I hope you guys fared better than me.
Chrome
Posted by: glowball

Re: How was your late bowhunt? - 12/21/03 11:48 PM

Well I haven't been able to hunt since I went to the eastside around thanksgiving so my late season has pretty muched sucked. Every day I've had off my ol man has had me running his excavator on a side job. Oh well I guess helping pops is more important than hunting. Not near as much fun, but what do ya do? Theres always next year right?
Posted by: w. coyote

Re: How was your late bowhunt? - 12/25/03 11:25 PM

Chrome
I was at there also. The heavy snow on the 1st sent me back home. Saw a few cows thats all. I bearly made it out. Saw one guy leave his trailer behind to save his own but. I hope he was able to get it out. I did learn to not camp on the ridge tops but to stay in the lowland and work my way in. I thought the number of guys hunting from quads this year was putting too much pressure on the resident animals. Nothing worse then humping up a ridge to see a guy wheelin over the top towards you. Oh well. beathead