T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader

Posted by: brassonbrass

T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/03/04 10:19 PM

Bass Pro shops has this gun on sale for $199. However, the guy at the shop on the phone told me that the 209 primers are the only caps these guns take, therefore making them illegal in Washington. Is this true? I was recommended this rifle for muzzleloader season and was wondering if you could use standard percussion caps with it. Anyyone know? Brass
Posted by: HBP

Re: T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/03/04 10:54 PM

That guys wrong. The Black Diamond comes with niples for #11 percussion caps,musket caps,and 209 primers.
Posted by: Fisherdan

Re: T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/03/04 11:53 PM

I'll concur with what HBP said and add that you won't find a better muzzleloader at that price (at least in my opinion).

I shoot the earlier version of that rifle, and I love it.
Posted by: glowball

Re: T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/04/04 09:11 AM

On the web page it says special buy or something and makes no reference to the other nipples. I wonder if this gun comes with only the 209 at that price. It is the xr with a camo stock and blued barrel though. And at that price it would be worth getting it and picking up the other nipples and breechplug.

Kris
Posted by: Buck

Re: T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/04/04 08:48 PM

It is supposed to come with all 3 niples, so I wold say if it doesn't. You can get teh correct one from Thompson.
BUck
Posted by: brassonbrass

Re: T/C Black Diamond Muzzleloader - 02/05/04 11:15 PM

Thanks for all the help gentlemen. I called Bass Pro twice and then called T/C and finally got through to someone who knew what the hell was going on. Bass Pro is indeed selling the Black Daimond XR with all three nipples for musket, percussion 11, and 209. The advertisment for Bass Pro neglects to mention this. It is a truly good buy. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction. I am looking forward to hunting elk and deer with it. How many of you guys own this rifle and do you generally shoot hot loads of 3 Pyrodex pellets? Brass