Willapa Waterfowl

Posted by: fish-onNW

Willapa Waterfowl - 09/13/04 10:07 PM

Never hunted it, went for the weekend fishing and saw a lot of birds, just woundering??
Posted by: BennyBlack

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 09/13/04 11:49 PM

What were you wondering foNW?

I've never hunted it either so I'm not sure I can be much of help. I guess one of the main things to watch for is the tides. I've always seen tons of birds there and access is vast, if you have a boat.

I plan on hitting that up this year for sure. It's just hard to get away from spots that are familiar.

I see your from Tacoma. I'm not to far from you. maybe we can get out and scope it out sometime.
Posted by: ACT

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 09/14/04 02:17 PM

If you are talking about the area west of Nasalle between and Long Beach I'm not sure of the status of hunting in that area as it is part of a National Wildlfe Refuge so it may be closed to Hunting as I know that parts of the National Potholes, Columbia, Dungeness, and the Columbian Wildlife Refuges are closed to any form of Hunting.

So before hunting the area check the game regs.
Posted by: fish-onNW

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 09/14/04 09:44 PM

I just talked to the chick at the refuge office, she is sending me a map of all the hunting land. So when I get it, probally tomorrow or the next day, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 09/20/04 05:50 PM

F-oNW,

Did you ever get that map? Also, if you would be so kind, could you post the number to the refuge office. Thanks bro.

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 10/03/04 04:56 PM

Get that map yet?

Thanks
Posted by: Stadle

Re: Willapa Waterfowl - 10/23/04 03:03 AM

You don't need a map to hunt that area. Take a day and go check it out. Pick your side (long beach or Westport) and start driving - I know people do well on both sides. The reserve area is only down at the end of the bay on the Long Beach side.