Ft. Lewis hunters?

Posted by: goharley

Ft. Lewis hunters? - 12/31/04 01:13 PM

Anyone here hunt Ft. Lewis for deer or elk, especially with a bow?

I'm looking for some hunters to share information with. This was my first year and I'm trying to learn all I can about scouting and such. I got a shot at a spike bull in the early archery season, but ended this first year with an empty freezer.

I'm also interested in finding someone that would like to partner up next season.
Posted by: BennyBlack

Re: Ft. Lewis hunters? - 01/01/05 05:06 AM

I live right by you. I think you got lucky, even having a shot at an elk, let alone seeing one. Just my opinion. There's alot of deer killed out of Ft. Lewis, all over. (I don't know where you where you were hunting). Never heard of it as much of a Elk hunting area though. May want to erase this post! I only hunt birds. Don't worry. smile

I bet they got pushed down there from people hunting they're normal haunts.

I think there is a good chance of one of the smaller Eatonville groups being pushed out of the area, relocating there. Just a thought.

Awesome, regardless. I hope you whack one. Put in the time! GOOD groceries!

Like I said, I live in the hood (Spana). I have few friends close by that archery hunt that I'm sure would want to hook up. I think we have a friend in common too. PM me.
Posted by: Theking

Re: Ft. Lewis hunters? - 01/04/05 02:11 PM

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/tf/regional/threads.cfm?state=WA

Ping this site. Every year there is a thread or two about hunting Ft. lewis. Also try on monster Mulies.com . The WA forum contains mostly compound shooters which is what you are using I assume.