Special permits!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: glowball

Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/15/05 07:10 PM

Results are on the internet. Hunting alkali for deer with a bow in the late season baby.

Kris
Posted by: riverswild

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/15/05 10:22 PM

Congrats......Nadda here.
Posted by: Hairy Ape

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 12:16 AM

Peaches Ridge any bull muzzleloader tag for me!

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 12:47 AM

Right on ape. That's a killer tag. Good luck to you.

Kris
Posted by: Fish4Fun

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 01:00 AM

Drew a Dayton A anterless Whitetail tag. Nothing better than a wheat fed deer.
Posted by: fish-hunter

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 02:56 AM

OK - a moron statement here. I went to the wdfw site and don't see anything for my hunt...where do i look on their site to find if we drew or not???

Ths - ren

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 08:59 AM

http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/shp_tmp/permit.cgi
Posted by: wamuledeer

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 01:48 PM

I was drawn for the Nov 1-18 Chiwawa mule deer rifle tag. Should be a good hunt. Anyone know the area well or have any pointers. Thanks for your help.
My son was drawn for antlerless deer in Winthrop area and a Raymond cow tag.
Posted by: fish-hunter

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 04:24 PM

Glowball - thanks for the info. We and a couple of youths got drawn for the moses coulee ML hunt.
Posted by: Stadle

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 06:26 PM

which Raymond? are you from that area? I thought about putting my wife in for one of those, but the elk area seemed to be a little tight the highway when I read the description.

I put in for Margaret, again, and now have 5 points. One of these days....
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 08:00 PM

you might be waiting a while for that margret tag. i now have 9 points and still nothing! every year i think this has to be the one and nodda. i'm not a big fan of this point system. a couple of hunting buddies have been putting in for the same tags for the same amount of years and they have had there names drawn 3 times. Makes me wonder if another point really does anything??
Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 08:26 PM

I put in for the Quilamine buck hunt and the Naneum doe tag.... Got the doe tag, good enough I guess. At least I know I'll be filling the tag this year.

Curtis
Posted by: wamuledeer

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/16/05 09:34 PM

Stadle,
It is the Raymond D tag. It was my sons 4th choice so I didn't think he would get it. I have hunted there in the past and it is mostly private property but some of the farmers are friendly and they gladly let you hunt their property.
Posted by: Stadle

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/17/05 01:33 AM

Wamu - I know the area well, I grew up there and still hunt that way. Killed my share of Elk down there. I was just curious if you were from that way. Good luck to your son. If you spend some time scouting this summer you will find plenty of Elk around on land accessible to the public for hunting in that unit.

FM - I hear ya, but then again, I got plenty of time. Why don't you put in for a group hunt with your buddies? That is how my brother and I do it. If one is drawn everyone in the group gets a tag. Points are averaged.
Posted by: Fisherdan

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/17/05 06:15 PM

I drew a Rimrock any bull tag (Muzzleloader) and I also drew a Mt. Spokane B MOOSE tag (antlerless only).

I was dancing quite a while last night.

AND FOR THE RECORD: I am gratefully accepting any personal messages regarding where to hunt either of these units. The Moose tag means I'll be making some long scouting drives from Puget Sound. Anyone willing to help with info on either area would e appreciated.

YAAAAA HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/17/05 10:33 PM

I will pm you some info on the rimrock tag. Been hunting that area for many moons.

Kris
Posted by: Never Enough Nookie

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/17/05 11:28 PM

Woohoo,
Buddy, brother, and I all got drawn for cow ML tags in Umtanum, first year of ML for all of us. beer beer beer And if the buddy had not screwed up we all would have gotten ML doe tags in Cowiche, but he screwed up on the drawing and only got the elk permit, dumba$$. mad Oh well we still have the possibility of 3 cows and 2 does, plus other legal critters.

Looking forward to the first week in Oct. shoot

NEN cool
Posted by: snit

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/18/05 12:18 PM

Nada for me! mad That's ok though, as I don't have much time off as most of it will be spent in Montana this year.

Great job Kris!!!!! beer

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/18/05 11:13 PM

Sure rub it in Kyle. shoot

Actually I'm pretty excited to see what you boys bring back from over there this year. I'll be putting in next year.

By the way I'm working on my buddy to get you another option to hunt over there. Friends of his have several thousand acres not far from your home away from home. He thinks they have some people coming over, but not sure when they'll be there. I'll let ya know.

Kris
Posted by: Fisherdan

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/19/05 12:59 AM

Glowball,

Thanks so much for the PM. I don't mind scouting - I'm sure I'll spend every spare weekend scouting Rimrock or for my moose hunt. But, it's always nice to start with some info.

I even got some good info coming on my moose hunt from a guy who drew the same tag three years ago.

I do apprecaite it!!
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/19/05 11:59 PM

my dad and uncle drew the Toutle Archery tags!! We have allready started scouting. seen over 200 elk but all were on the wrong side of the road and in the Loowit.

Kris
Posted by: Kramer

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/22/05 05:50 PM

Nada for me too. I can't complain though, I drew cow tags the past two years and a doe tag two years ago. Horns are cool to look at but I'm purely a meat hunter.

Hey Fisherdan, how many points did you have for the moose? I've got 4 now but I think it will take probably 10 or more to get my drawing entries high enough.
Posted by: umrules

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/22/05 09:25 PM

Well I didn't draw one myself, but of the 8 Ryderwood cow tags issued, 2 of them went to our hunting party from Port Orchard. If we can toss in a bull or two it should be full freezers for all 6 of us!
Posted by: krijak

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/24/05 04:03 AM

Only pulled a naneum doe tag too. Unfortunately, like an idiot, I didn't mean to apply for that one. I did it on line and was sure I put in for a point in my attempt to get a desert tag. I only had 2 points so I really don't care. Since I have it now, and my time is limited, I might just decide to go do a meat hunt. I have never even been there, so, Curtis or anyone else, any starting points? Thanks.
Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/24/05 03:15 PM

shoot me an email at ctwiggs1@yahoo.com.. I'll be pulling out my maps in the next week and would be more than happy to send you in the right direction, plenty of people have done the same for me on this board smile

The Naneum doe tag is kinda a sure thing for me... Last year I saw at least 60-70 does on the first day. The only problem is that we saw about 60-70 deer total on the first day... meaning i cant get a buck out of that unit for the life of me.

Oh well, I may be going to another area the second weekend so I'm thinking about letting my little brother start his hunting career with a bang this year with a doe tag smile

Anywho, send me an email and I'll be sure to get back to you with some pretty good areas to check out.

Curtis
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/27/05 05:19 PM

49 degrees N moose: nada
rimrock archery bull: zilch
umtanum sheep: nuthin' doin'
huckleberry doe tag: got it

not terribly difficult to draw one of these, but it looks like i'll be able to fill the freezer. btw: does anyone know if the clockum is open to cows for the archery gen. season??

good luck all
willy
Posted by: Hairy Ape

Re: Special permits!!!!!!!!!! - 07/28/05 01:26 AM

No...it is open for Spike Only.