arrow/broadhead???

Posted by: Anonymous

arrow/broadhead??? - 11/19/06 02:36 AM

so just curious what everyone is using for elk??? what arrows and broadheads??? and draw wieght of bow???

i shoot a parker frontier with 70lb draw and i have been switching threw about 6 different arrow and broadhead setups to see/find the best setup.

so now im just curious what everyone else is shooting?
Posted by: bowhunter

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/19/06 12:07 PM

I use the new gold tip camo series 7595 tipped with a 125 NAP thunderhead at 28.5".....I just started using this arrow this year with the camo screened on the shaft.....not a good idea for targets though, you can barely pull them out of cedar bails.....but it did a number on my bull this year!!!

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/19/06 02:38 PM

i have a set of those same arrows. and im not to happy with them either when it comes to targets. 3 of the 6 are missing the camo mostly from pulling them out of the targets. but the do shoot really nice. buti havent gotten a chance to see how they hold up on an elk yet. smile
Posted by: Camofish

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/20/06 01:49 AM

I shoot an older P.S.E. Carrera. Haven't hunted with it yet so it's been practice tips on the range only. 70lb. draw does a number on this old shoulder!!!
Posted by: jv2333

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/20/06 02:36 AM

I shoot a matthews outback set a #70, with a 29.5" draw. And I shoot carbon express 6075 arrows, W/ wasp boss bullet 100gr. 4 blades. Perfect setup, arrows fly very tru w/ stock fletching, The furthest I had an animal go was about 150yds, and that was a big caribou, at about 5yds quartering away, went in right behind his shoulder, and came out behind the last rib. 5 point bull elk only went about 50, and had 2 deer that didnt go 10 yds.
Posted by: Chrome454

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/24/06 08:35 PM

Easton Axis 400 gr with 100 gr slick tricks can't
wait to smoke something with this setup.
Chrome

Re: arrow/broadhead??? - 11/25/06 12:09 AM

i shoot a parker frontier 70lb with 28" draw. shoots really really nice.

WELL i have 3 sets of arrows. beman ics hunter 340's, carbon express maxima hunter 350's, and beman HIT blackmax 400's

all have stock flatchings. the ics's and the maxima's have balzers and the hit's have 4" vanes. all shoot pretty good and true depending on the broadheadsi have on them.

i shoot 100grain slick tricks, g5 montec 100 grain, and sonics 125 grain.

rightnow im leaning towards my ic's with the sonics. dew to my bow being set at 7olb im just inside the leagal arrow/broadhead grain weight. the HIT's are just a little slim for my rest.