Where the waterfowlers at?

Posted by: Choclab

Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/20/07 05:37 PM

I am new to the board and would like to see who all is into waterfowlin'. Ain't nothin' like killin' some green!! I have always hunted the eastside for birds, but I am moving to the westside. I will still hunt the eastside as much as I can, but pullin a boat with a V8 isn't to economical....lol. I am going to start scouting some areas over there next week. What's the hunting like? You guys get alot of mallards? I am looking forward for the chance of shooting a seas duck or two. My permits are on the way. The tides are gonna suck...lol.
Posted by: Little Fish

Re: Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/20/07 09:46 PM

Welcome Choclab,
I'm sure you will get a few responses over here, but since we are at the start of salmon season the traffic on the hunting side of the website may be a little light.....
LF
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/22/07 04:15 AM

Hey Choclab
I keep a 5th wheel set up over in George to Duck hunt out of. Try to hit The Potholes, the wasteways, the Snake, the Columbia around Vantage and Ringold. Do a little duck hunting over on this side too. I suck on both sides of the state but I sill love doing it and seem to scratch out a few good days a year. Let me know if you want a ride along for scouting. I live near Bothel
...Art
Posted by: washingtonmuley

Re: Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/22/07 12:22 PM

Choclab,
I hunt out of Port angeles for sea ducks. Give me a shout if you would like to give it a shot out my way.
Tim
Posted by: Choclab

Re: Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/27/07 03:46 PM

I will be in touch with you guys...lol. I am always up for some scouting. I am really looking forward to hunting sea ducks.
Posted by: JimB

Re: Where the waterfowlers at? - 07/29/07 04:02 PM

Different hunting here on the wetside than the eastside. Much more storm related at least for our seasons here in the Chehalis Valley. For some reason last year the Mallards hung around and the boys and I plus guests ended up with 167 greenheads it was a great season. Early Goose is also a good hunt over here if you can scout them out...big and dumb they are!

Jim