Got Grouse?

Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Got Grouse? - 09/04/07 06:26 PM

Just wondering what other people saw/found opening weekend. We were archery deer hunting/scouting for elk and usually see a lot more grouse than we did this year. We looked low, high, and everywhere in between. No big family groups, just solos, and we ended up with 3 Blues. The last 4-5 years have been exceptional I thought, and I'm hoping the populations didn't crash this year.

Ike
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: Got Grouse? - 09/09/07 09:36 PM

We got two grouse in Wenatchee on opening day. I saw five or six grouse while archery elk hunting on chinook pass yesterday. Thats more then I normally see.
Posted by: docspud

Re: Got Grouse? - 09/13/07 02:02 PM

If you are over in the eastern Washington area we went out last weekend and limited both days. Saw about 15 to 20 birds a day. We were in the colville area out onion creek one day and williams lake the other. Pretty good hunting this year. Not as many as last year but you cant complain about limits. No blues, all ruffs but large mature birds mostly. I heard ferrie county is really hot up boulder and deadman as well. Good luck to anyone going.
Almost forgot that we also saw a ice little boar. Would have had him but he was on the wrong side of a no hunting sign so we just got pics. they are really thick over there this year as well.
Posted by: Theywentthatway!

Re: Got Grouse? - 09/20/07 05:37 PM

We headed up for a drive around widdle canyon in cowitchee didn't see much as far as grouse go but lots of deer and elk sign in the area this year. Jumped a nice bull out of his bed didn't get to count points as we where being pretty noisy. But definetly lots of fresh sign.