2008 special permits

Posted by: j 7

2008 special permits - 06/11/08 12:22 PM

Reminder, deadline is the 18th of june. Just put mine in, now I have to encourage my group members to get theirs before the deadline.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/12/08 12:37 AM

Thanks for the reminder!
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/12/08 11:38 AM

I will bet my next paycheck that they(WDFW) extend it like they have for the last 3 years? Any takers? They need all the money they can get. They just blame it on a computer overload every year so they can swindle in more $$$$$$$. This really gets me fired up! Why put a dead line on permits if you just extend it every year? It really screws the guys that put in on time IMO.

Anyways hope my luck for drawing tags continues.......
Posted by: GreenRiver

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/12/08 12:20 PM

They didn't get extra dollars for any extension. They had problems with the drawing and DELAYED publishing results. doh. I'll donate your paycheck to Bob and this site.
Posted by: docspud

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/12/08 01:18 PM

I have a quick question. I have not called the WDFW yet but can you put in for west side permit hunts if you normally hunt east side for elk. And if not.....What the F...! I personally think a tag in washington should be a tag in washington but since that ship has sailed, it is B.S. I can not put in for a hunt on the OP when I live there. If I do I have to hunt west side only I have to give up the hunting camp we do in the little naches every year with the guys that I grew up with. Permit hunts should be separate from the east side/west side crap.

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/12/08 02:05 PM

If you bought an eastside tag, the WDFW program probably doesn't even check for you putting in for a westside special permit. Maybe it does, but it doesn't really matter. The problem you will have is when you get drawn for that OP tag and shoot the big bull and put the eastside tag on the horns. Mr. Gamey aint' gonna be happy.

I wouldn't even consider trying this loophole.

Getting drawn for the multiseason tag is your only option.
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/13/08 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GreenRiver
They didn't get extra dollars for any extension. They had problems with the drawing and DELAYED publishing results. doh. I'll donate your paycheck to Bob and this site.

Your memory must be short? They have extended the deadline several times over the past 3-4 years due to high numbers of hunters registering right at the deadline thus overloading the computer system. They do get extra dollars from allowing these people to still buy permits and register them.

What ever the problem, when is the game dept. going to pull there head out of there ass and fix the problems? Do a couple test runs to get the kincks out???? That would take someone to actually think!

I almost didn't even buy tags in WA this year because this managment is sooooooooo F'd up!

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/13/08 05:40 PM

Yes my memory is short sometimes. hmmm, I wonder why.

You stand correct. I remember now about the overload on the system during the deadline.

The extra dollars probably doesn't amount to much. The hunters had already paid for the permit beforehand and were just trying to make the selection. The extension may have created opportunity for some folks to run out and buy a permit, but I don't think there were many that did.

I read about the hunting adventure captured in your avitar. Nice Job, and I'm envious of the seclusion you have found in your hunting area.
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/13/08 11:30 PM

J7 Your not supposed to mention the special permits until the deadline is passed. The more people that remember it the harder it is for the people that do remember it to draw a tag.

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: huntncoug
J7 Your not supposed to mention the special permits until the deadline is passed. The more people that remember it the harder it is for the people that do remember it to draw a tag.

Those folks cant read anyway. Maybe they went to that purple college on the wet side or something.

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 01:09 AM

I got a purple mushroom for you.

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
I got a purple mushroom for you.

Purple mushroom??????????.............Let go. It cant breath.

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 11:39 AM

wink
Posted by: CrazyTom

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 11:47 AM

The second drawing for the multi tags just went off. Does the WDFW contact anyone that put in for the first drawing through the mail or email that the drawing has occurred?

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/14/08 12:47 PM

Just applied for me and the boys. No issues right now with the system.
Posted by: TheHunt

Re: 2008 special permits - 06/21/08 12:33 AM

I applied for myself and son without any issues but was not holding my breath pre their track record.