Looks like the WDFW is testing the system....

Posted by: Dogfish

Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/16/08 07:19 PM

Today I received an e-mail about my draw results, for 2007. My guess is that they are running a test so that they won't run into the issues they had last year. Dunno, maybe it is time to pull out the tinfoil hat.
Posted by: KNOPHISH

Re: Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/17/08 09:09 AM

My bro got the same thing & asked if I got one too. Not me. I thought maybe they were confirming his selections & he said it for 2007?? The tinfoil hat ain't gonna work, they'll still goof it up.
Posted by: KNOPHISH

Re: Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/17/08 10:15 AM

I see on the WDFW page the e-mail sent out on June 16 for 2007 was an error.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/17/08 04:34 PM

The message I received just now:

WDFW ANNOUNCEMENT
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

Please disregard the email sent to you yesterday (6/16/08) regarding the 2007 Goat Special Hunt Drawing. The vendor for the Online License System inadvertently sent a test message while working on an automated emailing component of the system.

The 2008 Special Hunt Drawing results for Deer, Elk, Moose, Sheep, Goat and Turkey will be available in early July 2008. You will receive official notification by mail.

We apologize for the confusion this may have caused and are taking precautions to prevent this error in the future.
Posted by: riverswild

Re: Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/18/08 09:17 AM

Correct..

Outdoor Central sent out the 2007 email in error and F&G sent out a notice to let us know that it wasn't them, but in fact the vendor.
Posted by: fishmaster

Re: Looks like the WDFW is testing the system.... - 06/18/08 12:35 PM

Why doesn't thw WDFG just dump these guys on there heads and use a real agency that donesn't make mistakes time after time after time? MY GOD PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE SAND!!