Ben's 1st kill

Posted by: Corey's sista

Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 02:13 AM

Little Benjamin shot a sprucehen today. About 12 feet away, open sights with his BB gun, the chicken was up in a tree. He was so excited when he spotted him. Dad and Benny went to the garage to get/load the gun and dad explained to Ben,

"now we're going to walk with the safety off" and Ben said, "I know dad, I'll keep it in the cross chest position with the muzzle down" <something that his grandpa drills into Ben's head, daily!

Little Ben turned 5 about a week ago and grandpa gave him a CZ bolt action .22

They cleaned the bird and we're going to cook it for dinner tomorrow night sick

Even better...we cut the feet off and he's going to take them to Pre-K for show and tell on Thursday smile
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 09:14 AM

Nice one Ben!
Posted by: Sol

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 10:35 AM

You need to buy that kid a bow and some arrows.
Posted by: Bob

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 11:00 AM

His uncle should take care of that one wink

Way to go Benny-Boo-Boo. Wait, now that you're big enough to shoot grouse, I may have to stop calling you that frown

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 01:39 PM

Ben went hunting just in time. It's October 6th and the snow started coming down steadily about an hour ago. FunFun!

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob
His uncle should take care of that one wink

Perfect! I don't know too much about archery. We did get Ben a bow last year. Though, not the cross bow (?) type.
I would love to start up with that, but up until now, I've preferred lead.

As long as you stay with the bow and arrow Bob. No science! Curvature of the earth, equator, time zones, light vs. dark, etc. beathead
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Ben's 1st kill - 10/06/08 02:25 PM

That photo has to be framed! Gr8 Stuff!