Worth anything?

Posted by: floatinghat

Worth anything? - 11/20/08 10:57 PM

I haven't hunted in years... about 30, anyway I have a couple of old 12 gauges and I wonder if they are worth anything? Condition is very good to excellent.

1 is a DU 40th anniversary Ithica 37, I'm not sure if its ever had a round put thru it.

2 is a Remington 1100 Magnum full choke, get this chambered for 2 3/4" loads. This was given to me by my dad friend I think it's closer to 40 years old?

I took them out of their cases today just to make sure they still had a good coat of oil to keep them rust free and began to wonder about thier value.
Posted by: j 7

Re: Worth anything? - 11/21/08 12:20 AM

I'll give ya 100 bucks for the first one. rofl rofl

That first one is probably worth some coin. Do some more homework and get the real value and dont get hosed on the deal.

The remingtons value you can find in a book, I forget the name of it, gun trader maybe. any who they publish a new issue every year with the going rate for all kinds of firearms.
Posted by: floatinghat

Re: Worth anything? - 11/22/08 12:25 AM

Thanks, I'll look around a little!
Posted by: Irie

Re: Worth anything? - 11/22/08 04:14 PM

They're in the neighborhood of $500 each, give or take a couple hundred, (300-500 for Ithaca, 500-800 for the remmy) but thats a wildass guess, since I dont know what shape they're in.