closing it out

Posted by: D3Smartie

closing it out - 01/23/09 09:49 PM

figures to be a tough weekend to close out the duck season. Stagnant air and the consistant weather pattern over the past wee have made things tough. Shot limits today but it may be the last time this year that we do.
good luck to all.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: closing it out - 01/24/09 01:06 AM

At least you're out there hunting.....

I know a couple spots a guy could shoot limits tomorrow (mixed bag of puddlers), but sad thing is I work all weekend.................................... eek2 Love them tidal flats!

Good luck to those out there.....

Keith thumbs
Posted by: jadeball1

Re: closing it out - 01/24/09 01:24 AM

for some reason, I dont think you will have a problem. nice work.
Posted by: j 7

Re: closing it out - 01/26/09 04:53 PM

Never made it out for the closer. I fell down the embankment last weekend while the dogs were chasing down a goose I shot (F'd my back up). In addition to that; one my dogs figured he would cut himself up on barb wire. He has a half dollar size chunk of skin (all layers) missing from his chest plus some deep scratches and nicks out of his back. He just would not stay on the side of the fence/fences as me. Back and forth about 14 times through new wire will eventualy bite .
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: closing it out - 01/26/09 06:44 PM

Well i got super sick the last couple days and didnt even hunt sunday. Spent most of the day in bed shivering and sweating which sucked, but atleast my buddy jon got his son out one last time to shoot his first big drake pintail and finish off the season with a "nice little hunt."
Here's to next year and a good hatch this spring.