4-1 Parka systems

Posted by: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

4-1 Parka systems - 03/01/09 12:31 PM

Hey guys,

any experiences with these? I'll be home from Iraq in about 30 days and I plan on buying a new jacket (I've had mine about 10 years now). I'll probably use the thing for duck and turkey, but most of my duck hunting is from a covered blind, so the camo pattern isn't critical. For turkey, however, I'm thinking about the Advantage MAX-4 HD. Any tips, or a pattern that you've found that you prefer?

Thanks guys,

Curtis
Posted by: Moe the Sleaze

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/01/09 03:28 PM

I think Advantage is a great pattern. 4-1 Parkas offer the versatility you need....I think you would want a jacket (inner liner of most 4-1 systems) in a blind as opposed to a parka. I use one parka stand alone for all my activities "Browning Hydrofleece", not 4-1 and it can get kinda heavy when wet, but I myself would buy no other brand. I love it.

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/02/09 04:31 PM

So instead of the 4-1, you have two separate systems that you use?
Posted by: j 7

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/02/09 05:32 PM

I use the 4-1 wading jacket. Not as long (stays out of the water) and its much more comfortable when you want wear your waders outside your coat. I use the Max4-HD and I have no complaints.
Posted by: Tornado

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/02/09 10:15 PM

I have the Cabela's Parka.

It is my favorite coat when the temperatures drop. I would suggest a darker pattern for Northwest hunting. I think some of the HD Patterns are a little too bright.
Posted by: Moe the Sleaze

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/03/09 02:17 PM

BBVD - No, I just have that one big heavy parka which works for me deer hunting but I don't do duck blinds (not yet anyways!), if I were in a blind I think mine would be too heavy and bulky. Your 4-1 would let you use whatever layer you felt was best.

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/04/09 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm definitely looking at these pretty seriously when I get home.... It will be nice to update my gear!
Posted by: JohnQ

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 03/26/09 11:17 PM

One little nuance on 4 in 1's that I have found really makes them versatile. Make sure the brand you get also has a Mircofleece jacket that be used as a liner, and also a vest that can be used as a liner. As an example, I have a Cabela's 4 in 1 that a Columbia fleece jacket will zip into and a Browning vest that will also interchange with.
Posted by: Clarck

Re: 4-1 Parka systems - 04/03/09 08:49 AM

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your ideas and views with us. I would like to know more on this.
CSK
alcoholism treatment