Spring Bear?

Posted by: huntncoug

Spring Bear? - 03/16/09 07:22 AM

The results should be out pretty soon, just wondering what everyone put in for?
Posted by: TheHunt

Re: Spring Bear? - 03/16/09 09:49 PM

When are they out? My son and I put in for Kowposin

Re: Spring Bear? - 03/17/09 12:09 AM

I would bet that they will be out by this Friday, I will keep checking and post when they are out. I put in for Monroe, I have four bear points so I should get it.
Posted by: TheHunt

Re: Spring Bear? - 03/22/09 01:32 AM

We were both drawn... NIce.

Re: Spring Bear? - 03/22/09 02:11 AM

I drew the Monroe tag!
Posted by: riverswild

Re: Spring Bear? - 03/27/09 07:59 PM

Points for me.
Posted by: quinault river

Re: Spring Bear? - 04/09/09 07:29 PM

I put in for Ted Nugent, he is coming bear hunting with me again this spring. Spirit Of The Wild baby!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Spring Bear? - 04/09/09 08:54 PM

Tater?

Re: Spring Bear? - 04/10/09 12:19 PM

How you doing Andy? Yeah i'm taking Uncle Ted out the end of May. Pretty booked schedule this spring, i start tonight and hunt for the next nine weeks. I have only the last week unbooked.

Re: Spring Bear? - 04/11/09 09:09 AM

first night of hunting last evening and we killed two bears, one about 175 and the other was 325 or so!!!!!!!!!!! nice bears..
Posted by: cast this

Re: Spring Bear? Boycott Rayonier land holdings - 04/11/09 01:51 PM

Just my $.02, but I would encourage all who put in spring bear permits to boycott the areas owned by Rayonier. I am at a loss why hunters should do that company a service by performing bear damage control when , on the other hand,Rayonier has gone to a land lease program for so much of their holdings in Grays Harbor County.
In addition, WDFW should NOT be patrolling these leased properties which are only accessable to leaseholders. Let Rayonier foot the bill by providing their own security.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Spring Bear? Boycott Rayonier land holdings - 04/11/09 10:55 PM

Nice Job Tater. Too busy building our house to hunt bear this spring. Next year for sure.
Posted by: riverswild

Re: Spring Bear? Boycott Rayonier land holdings - 04/12/09 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: cast this

Just my $.02, but I would encourage all who put in spring bear permits to boycott the areas owned by Rayonier. I am at a loss why hunters should do that company a service by performing bear damage control when , on the other hand,Rayonier has gone to a land lease program for so much of their holdings in Grays Harbor County.
In addition, WDFW should NOT be patrolling these leased properties which are only accessable to leaseholders. Let Rayonier foot the bill by providing their own security.

Would it help if you knew that we (hunters) are not killing enough of the bears doing the damage? Did you know that Rayonier did not aproach F&W for this "service". Actually F&W aproached Rayonier to provide "oportunity" to hunters. Would you want leaseholders poaching animals that could potentially move to a non leased area?

I understand your frustration, just think about the whole picture to find a solution.