Yet another animal....

Posted by: Dogfish

Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 12:52 AM

Meet Cedar!

Pure bred yellow lab from mom & dad yellows. Looks rambunctious, calms right down when you pick him him, likes a grouse wing, and he is darker than his 9 other brothers (11 males in the litter). We take him home next week when he turns 8 weeks and had had his shots.

Watch out for some bird photos next hunting season.
Posted by: snit

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 01:20 AM

Cool...breal out the Wolters book! LOL
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 01:40 AM

Nothing as cute as a lab pup. No better bud than a lab. Congrats and just spoil the hell out of it...
Posted by: larryb

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 02:01 AM

a boy and his pup the smile says it all
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 11:49 AM

Big congrats Dogfish and family! Ryan sure looks happy.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 12:01 PM

agree
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/23/09 12:15 PM

NOWAYINHELL am I showing this post or photo to my kids..........
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/24/09 03:06 AM

Somebody get me Parker's address and the names of his kids. I think my Lab is pregnant. I want to start a list of places to drop off the puppy baskets and they need to be addressed properly.
Posted by: sodfarmer

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/24/09 06:21 PM

My yellow was also named Cedar best damn dog I ever had !!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Coho

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/24/09 07:13 PM

Thats a Happy boy--pup has a buddy for Life

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/24/09 09:38 PM

Cedar is the name of the first dog (yellow lab) I ever hunted with, so it is fitting.

Parker, the owners had 2 folks back out on purchases, so there are 2 males ready for purchase. $350. They get their shots Friday and are ready for pick up tomorrow Saturday.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/24/09 11:47 PM

That is great! I grew up with a yellow, and have so many good memories of Chester (the mallard molester).
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/25/09 11:55 AM

Great looking pup!
Posted by: Eric

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/25/09 06:52 PM

Cool!

Yellows are great. Next step will be to break him in jumping off the side of your driftboat to retrieve a fish just as your reaching down to net it. cry

Probably won't need any breaking in there.... it's just "in them" to have that special ability like only labs do.

Should be a great addition to the clan.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 11/25/09 10:57 PM

Can't find my old Wolter's book, but I have already read two others and have flagged more than a few pages. Gonna have to buy another Wolters book, and I might even try the pointing lab training.

We'll see just how smart this dog's owner is. The dog will have it in him. It depends on the trainer's ability to bring it out of him. Hopefully he'll be in shape prior to next season, but I know where I'll give him a lesson or two on live birds before teh mayhem starts.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 02:50 PM

Cool stuff.The boy looks happy.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: Irie

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 04:52 PM

Nice!
Posted by: shinything

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 05:09 PM

I like to say that I did not teach my lab she trained me.It is true.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 06:05 PM

Good pup. Quiet at night, but the first night was loud. Brought a towel to the kennel a day before we picked him up, then brought the stinky towel home with him. Trick I read, and it worked.

On my 2nd read through the Wolter's water dog book. Cedar walks on a leash well, knows not to walk on the wood floors, only the slate. Likes the cats, but it isn't mutual. Poops in the same spot on our morning and evening walks already. Working on "sit" this week, along with potty training in the house.

One thing he didn't like was the dead coyote. He put his tail between his legs when he came around the corner and went face to face with it.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 09:16 PM

Puppy and a dead mature dog...coyote a bitch?
\
I tossed a friendly hotel cat onto a dead bear laying spread eagle in the back of a blazer in forks once.cat bounced off the roof and climbed a big tree.I felt bad untill the hotel owner laughed and said it was not the first time.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/08/09 09:23 PM

you might like this too....same trip when we were checking in a lady come running into the office all wound up.Seems somebody was shooting their rifle up the calawa somewhere and she wanted the mrs at the desk to call the cops.Back then there were not phones in the rooms.If I remember right she left bitching about clear cuts.story made it into the paper.Ah ya had to be there.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/09/09 12:48 AM

Big male yote.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/11/09 01:26 PM

I like the name ceder!

My next lab is going to be called River.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Yet another animal.... - 12/11/09 08:17 PM

Glad you found your copy of Wolters. I'd a loaned you mine. Makes me want to get another retriever. Maybe.

Sg