Gun Questions?

Posted by: stonefish

Gun Questions? - 06/07/10 11:13 PM

I was digging around in a old trunk I was given after my dad passed away. I found three rifles and one pistol in the trunk and was hoping to find out some info on the, age, value and caliber of the pistol. I'm thinking the pistol is a .32 or .38 caliber.
Any info you can provide would be appreciated.
Here are a few pics of the pistol and a Winchester rifle.

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/07/10 11:16 PM

Pictures of the other two rifles. A Remington Sportsmaster Model 512 .22 and a Ruger 10/22.
Posted by: larryb

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/07/10 11:34 PM

go to http://www.gunbroker.com/
and compare prices
for the winchester got to http://www.winchestercollector.org/forum/index.php
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/08/10 12:30 AM

Guns are bad.

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/08/10 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Guns are bad.

I'll keep that in mind wink

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/08/10 06:23 PM

I was sent some information regarding the pistol by a guy that wrote a book about the Levi Johnson Arms Co. It is older then I thought it was.

"This is a third model safety automatic hammer revolver equipped with the optional "western walnut" grips. Until about 1917 all revolvers equipped with this grip were special order, hence the serial number 253 which indicates it is the 253rd fitted with this grip. The caliber is 32 Special (32 S&W Long)."

Value is $115 to $250.00.

Posted by: Achewter

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/08/10 09:50 PM

Guessing that to be the value on all of them. Was hoping for you that the revolver would be more. Still a good haul. Let me know what ya want for the 10-22 if your gona let it go...Art

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/08/10 11:26 PM

Art,
I'm going to clean them up and use them.
By the way,that 10 ft pram I bought from you has worked out well.
Thanks again,
Brian
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Gun Questions? - 06/09/10 02:15 AM

Yea I have a safe full I am gona use someday too. Glad the pram worked out. Glad I never tried to use it. Probably would of made the news or at least youtube.