WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL

Posted by: stlhdr1

WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 12:12 PM

The results are official!

West Klickitat Late Archery Tag Nov 24th-30th.
Late Turkey Tag for me!

Keith thumbs
Posted by: snit

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 12:29 PM

Late sinlahekin whitey tag for me (rifle).
Posted by: larryb

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 02:17 PM

got deer
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 07:17 PM

Quality deer Swakane for me November!!!!
Posted by: Achewter

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 07:35 PM

HntnFsh Do you know the unit that time of year. If you do not have a good Spotting scope get one. You should have no problem finding a monster that time off year. Snow or not don't hunt above them. They come to the same area for the rut weather it is 6 or 60 degrees. I drooled a lot looking at big bucks from rifle range while holding a bow in that unit.

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 08:31 PM

I have a fair spotting scope.But my Brother in law has a Leopold gold ring that is killer.Guess I'll have to borrow it.

Dont know much about the area.But again my brother in law has spent a little time in it.Not as much as Entiat.But some.

I'll be making a few trips to scout and get familiar with the area.Plus pickin anybodies brain that will let me.Ive gotten a lot of offers for help and advice.So that will be great.

If you would want to shoot me a pm with any info you would like to share.I sure would appreciate it.

Its gonna be a long wait till November!

Thanks ,
HntnFsh
Posted by: Achewter

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 10:43 PM

WooooooWHOOOOOO
My Brother got a Selkirk BULL mOOse Tag
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 10:48 PM

nice! looks like moose steaks on the bbq. awesome tag!

willy
Posted by: snit

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/21/10 11:23 PM

Art...I'll PM you Selkirk info where I shot my moose. Good country, and big moosies....
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/22/10 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: stam
Whoo Hoo..

...I get to hunt the general seasons.

Ditto-
Posted by: j 7

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/22/10 05:06 PM

We got hosed. First time thats happened in three or four years. I knew it was coming. Genral season watch out.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/25/10 05:41 PM

WoooooWHOOOO.Same,general season.Good luck,
SZ
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/25/10 11:15 PM

Finally peeked....

General season.
Posted by: Mr.Twister

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/26/10 09:41 AM

Wow......I was shocked to see that I was selected for the modern elk Mudflow hunt. I havent hunted elk for seven years. Told myself I would only hunt in this state again if I was drawn for a special permit hunt. For a guy that doesn't have much luck in games of chance...this is pretty exciting.....

When I saw it said "selected", I thought I was seeing things...kind of like looking at the numbers on a winning lottery ticket......lol

If any of you guys have advice on this hunt, I would really appreciate it...thanks!

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/26/10 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: goinfishin
Wow......I was shocked to see that I was selected for the modern elk Mudflow hunt. I havent hunted elk for seven years. Told myself I would only hunt in this state again if I was drawn for a special permit hunt. For a guy that doesn't have much luck in games of chance...this is pretty exciting.....

When I saw it said "selected", I thought I was seeing things...kind of like looking at the numbers on a winning lottery ticket......lol

If any of you guys have advice on this hunt, I would really appreciate it...thanks!

Advise? Can I go?

Keith thumbs

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/27/10 01:20 AM

I'm pretty sure they give you access through the gate on the 3100. If their in the flats down there drive up, shoot one,gut it,load it,drive out.If they arent in the flats I would hit the jack fir on the hills above the flats.

Could be really easy or really hard.Just depends on if they have been pushed out or not.
Posted by: SteelyDon

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/29/10 03:49 PM

I get to say WHOOHOO because I was drawn for a Quality Elk (any Bull) in the Observatory unit (GMU 340 and 342). I plan several scouting trips this summer and late Sept (Oct 1-10 is the season).

So, if anyone knows these areas and can offer any suggestions on where to find a big bull, please let me know. Thx

Re: WDFW HUNT RESULTS OFFICIAL - 06/29/10 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: HntnFsh
I'm pretty sure they give you access through the gate on the 3100. If their in the flats down there drive up, shoot one,gut it,load it,drive out.If they arent in the flats I would hit the jack fir on the hills above the flats.

Could be really easy or really hard.Just depends on if they have been pushed out or not.

I was up there a while back and seen 26 bulls bedded together in the flats.... Lots of what look will be 5pts... Hard to find the big boys in that area....

I've hiked most all of it looking for bones...

Pretty cool country....

Keith thumbs