Found A New Taxidermist....Wow!

Posted by: Salmonella

Found A New Taxidermist....Wow! - 04/21/12 06:58 PM

I've always had a passion for top end taxidermy.
Not all of my mounts are of highest quality, but at this stage of my hunting career, when I take that rare special animal I have no problem seeking out the masters of their craft even if I must ship the mount cross country.

Today's master taxidermists create incredible works of art resurrecting an exceptional specimen from death and recreating the incredible beauty that only comes from nature.

This year I hope to send a buck or two on a trip to Texas.
Ron Coulter of Comanche Texas has a gift in mounting trophy bucks the likes of which are very rare indeed.

These examples of his work force you to prove that they are not live photos.

These ain't your Daddy's "stuffed deer heads".

Posted by: Dub

Re: Found A New Taxidermist....Wow! - 04/21/12 08:47 PM

Look at them long enough and you wait for them to blink.
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Found A New Taxidermist....Wow! - 04/24/12 08:46 PM

Beautiful work!

I have always been a fan of mounts with slightly off kilter ear positioning. I hate the 'on point' mounts with that 'deer in the headlights' distant, lifeless stare and erect ears.

Give me the at rest, relaxed, casual look.

A very quick, poor pic of my last archery buck. (the nose is out of focus due to my aperature setting)
Posted by: barnettmmolive2012

Re: Found A New Taxidermist....Wow! - 05/17/12 05:00 AM

Its been awhile sorry for being gone for like 8 months.
but this year i have been extremly busy and now i finally got time for gaming agian..
for the rest of the year atleast. its Vicodin. lol remember me minty? how you been?
do i have to re apply and ect? let me know man thanks.. good to be back on the site. i missed you guys!