$13 per drawing?????

Posted by: docspud

$13 per drawing????? - 05/21/12 11:27 AM

When and why did they decide to raise the permit drawings to over twice what they were one year ago. Over $52 dollars for just four species is a bit much when I have been putting in for 7 now 8 years staight and never drawn one tag.....on anything. I understand pay to play but they are going to start pricing people out of these hunts and hunting in general.

Less and less op for more money.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/21/12 02:43 PM

Totally forgot about permits this year.
Posted by: Moe the Sleaze

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/21/12 04:51 PM

Yeah, way too pricey. But they got us by the cajones. Wdfw must have spent a lot of time and analysis of marketing, because there are all kinds of little things built into the process that just seem like total out of control money grabs. Way too clever. For instance, now you pay extra for "premium" applications...I always thought it was the HUNT (ie PERMIT) that was premium. but now they've made it where the APPLICATION is premium. Example: "Any Moose" is premium, "Antlerless Moose" is standard.

Until we ALL stop paying to play at these exorbitant rates, it will continue to get worse and worse.

That being said, I spent over $100 just to apply for my two son's youth hunts.
One is in his last year as a youth, and I felt compelled to make the most out of his opportunity while he still qualifies.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/21/12 08:01 PM

I'm playing the tag lotto for the first time in quite a while. I put the boy and I in for many different things. Youth anterless moose would kick [Bleeeeep!] if we get drawn!
I'll have Brent call you Dogfish if he gets drawn to beg to borrow the pheasant killer.
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/21/12 09:05 PM

[Bleeeeep!]. .. .I forgot about the special tag deadline too until I saw this thread .. .. guess I will just have to have my "Guide" direct me again this year . .. .

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/22/12 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: seastrike
I'm playing the tag lotto for the first time in quite a while. I put the boy and I in for many different things. Youth anterless moose would kick [Bleeeeep!] if we get drawn!
I'll have Brent call you Dogfish if he gets drawn to beg to borrow the pheasant killer.

If Brent gets drawn for anything, consider me his gun bearer.

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/22/12 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: FishRanger
[Bleeeeep!]. .. .I forgot about the special tag deadline too until I saw this thread .. .. guess I will just have to have my "Guide" direct me again this year . .. .

Again?
Posted by: Achewter

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/22/12 02:50 AM

Kinda loosing my blood lust but sure love to watch the kids punch their tags.
After racking up a few hundred bucks on the kids I started to do mine with litle time left befor midnight. I got pissed at the prices and just said F&^% it. More time to fish. First time in many many years.The slim to no chance of a moose tag always drug me in and led to multiple deer and elk drawings but not this year. With the price of an extra doe trip to eastern WA and the cost of tags It has just gotten stupid. I love the meat but the Cost of the extra drawing charges, tags, fuel, gear, resturants, peperoni from the extra trimings and other things I find to blow cash on a trip like that it probably saved me a grand + easy.
The extra doe tag if your drawn is 68 bucks.(x 3 for me and the kids) I believe thats more than a non res Montana extra doe. I bet a lot of hunters, farmers and ranchers with a butt load of deer on their property just say screw it and skip the tag and drawing all together.
Damn frustrating!!!
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: $13 per drawing????? - 05/22/12 09:39 AM

Maybe?? Do I need to buy a new punch card ???