Flying Parts & the New Model Blackhawk.

Posted by: chrome/22

Flying Parts & the New Model Blackhawk. - 07/29/12 01:54 AM

Doing some range work brushing up on my handgun skills this am, started w/ the Colt Challenger & Ruger .22 autoloaders then went to the mid-power loads for my 41 magnum.

Worked @ 50' then 25m & 50m it was going good till I pulled out the hot ammo, some reloaded 210 grain Nosler hp's running @1450-1500 fps. Its a solid hunting load w/ stiff recoil but plenty accurate. About 10 rounds in the cylinder started to drag when advancing to the next round. I thought maybe my primers were seated a touch high, but when I stopped to look the Ruger over my base pin was halfway down the bbl & the entire base pin latch assembly was gone, just blue sky thru the frame!!

Looks like I've got to order up some new parts on Monday & break out the blue loctite... eek

c/22
Posted by: chrome/22

Re: Flying Parts & the New Model Blackhawk. - 07/30/12 12:53 PM

Ha, duct tape.... moon

I've been shooting this gun all the way back to 1980 w/ no problemo. Talked to the good folks @ Ruger NH today & have the parts on the way at n/c.

He did say to add a touch of blue loctite to the theads. That I will do.

Also might get the Wolfe extra power spring & install that over the stock Ruger spring, thinking of running the 250 gr. gas-checked LBT's @ 1200-1300fps....& they thump.

c/22
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Flying Parts & the New Model Blackhawk. - 08/04/12 04:41 PM

These have a "locking" allen head set screw...

http://www.beltmountain.com/ruger.htm