Cook Canyon Outing

Posted by: Dave Vedder

Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 10:42 AM

I take Tye to Cook Canyon every year in late March as his birthday present. (Okay, I enjoy it too.)

This year's trip is tentatively set for March 27th.

We will meet at Preston P&R at 6:30 AM. drive to C.C. takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Once there you pay for however many birds you want - roughly $25 a bird. They have hens - slightly less - roosters - and Chuckers.

Birds are planted any way you want - hobbled - unhobbled - sleeping - wide awake - holding still sort of - and moving - you choose. You can hunt alone or in as big a group as you want.

They have a nice cleaning ares for after the hunt than we can meet afterwards at the Red Horse in Ellensburg for a recap and great burgers.

So far we have two for sure. Let me know if you want in and how many birds you want. I need to call to reserve birds and fields.
Posted by: Timber

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 12:04 PM

Just cross the cattle gaurd and head up towards cookie creek.. Lots of birds in the sage brush draws up there and best of all you dont have to pay..
Posted by: j 7

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Timber
Just cross the cattle gaurd and head up towards cookie creek.. Lots of birds in the sage brush draws up there and best of all you dont have to pay..

Oh, you will pay if you get caught doing that in March.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 02:01 PM

I'm in!

After two months on a diet Sage is driving me banana's. She's 10 going on two. Any excuse to run her ass works for me!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 03:24 PM

my buddies cabin is just past the first cattle gate, they own like 60 acres there... fun place, some big bulls up there too...

Dave, where is it you hunt? are you up on the dirt road or outside the canyons itself?
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 05:42 PM

i'm in. well, we're in....

willy

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 06:56 PM

Once you KNOW for sure you are in PM me with how many birds you want me to reserve for you.
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: j 7
Originally Posted By: Timber

Oh, you will pay if you get caught doing that in March.

rofl

Timber and I'll be at cookie creek with road sodas shooting pheasants in a few weeks....y'all pay if you want.

JK.

Sounds like a great idea Dave. I enjoy watching young dogs their first time or 2 at Cooke Canyon....overwhelming to the senses.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/21/13 11:08 PM

Trying to free up my schedule. Would like to purchase a few live hens from them as well.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/22/13 07:29 PM

I could do the 29th but the 27th may cost me alot more. I can't confirm for about 3 weeks on the 27th

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/22/13 08:05 PM

So far Broodbuster and Redd Daytona have confirmed.

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/22/13 08:06 PM

So far Broodbuster and Redd Daytona have confirmed. Its only money Art. Oh yeah, you are saving your dollars for South Dakota.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/23/13 05:53 AM

If I don't make money on Wednesday most likely it will take half of Thursday to fix what ever it was that got screwed up while I was away.
It is nice on those days away from the shop that everything goes well. Makes all the other BS worth it.

F it I'll probably go anyway

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 02/24/13 01:05 PM

I forgot CC is closed on Wednesdays. Outing is now moved to Thursday. Art, Redd, Greg. Your birds are reserved. Anyone else who wants in can PM me.
Posted by: Aikenne Hilton

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 03/08/13 11:59 AM

Hi. I have thoroughly read your story of Cook Canyon Outing. I am really impressed. I am a big craze of such outing. I am very pleased to find such great topic of my interest. Thank you so much for sharing your experience of outing here.
Posted by: HOOKUP

Re: Cook Canyon Outing - 03/11/13 03:06 AM

great idea...horrible timing. I will be fishing fer springers.