My first Rabbit.

Posted by: steeliedrew

My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 02:07 AM

I was walking back down the trail to my mountain bike tonight. My bow was already on my pack. Then I spotted him. I was able to take my pack off, remove the bow, nock an arrow and draw. I put my 20 yard pin on him and let the arrow fly. Head shot and it was bunny in the bag!!! flushed 6 grouse today too but couldn't get a shot at them with the bow. By the way...Havalon knives are extremely sharp. I love mine.

Posted by: Driftin'

Re: My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 12:18 PM

Bunny stroganoff.

A .22 and San Juan Island in the '70's. Bunny heaven. Got so I could gut & skin one in about 10 seconds, only cuz there were lots to clean....

Re: My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 01:18 PM

I think there's still a good amount on the islands but too many hippies.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 02:19 PM

Headshots are the rule.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 07:23 PM

Good job skinning that lil' bugger Drew, although Driftin' has me impressed at 10 seconds. Really? 10 seconds?

Re: My first Rabbit. - 09/03/13 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Good job skinning that lil' bugger Drew, although Driftin' has me impressed at 10 seconds. Really? 10 seconds?

I believe it Salmo. All it takes is a small slit in the hide horizontally on the rabbits back. Then you stick your index fingers in the slit (no pun intended) then you pull in opposite directions. This effectively splits the hide and it rolls off like a couple tube socks. Chop the head and feet and you're good.