Winter Lawn Care....

Posted by: Driftin'

Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/24/13 11:40 PM

Have planted a few hundred native trees and shrubs over the years and left the flag grass along the seasonal streams on the property. Hoped to get the roosters and California quail back in our AO. My efforts seem to be attracting some of our northern neighbors. Have had more than 50 at a time this winter. They mow and fertilize. Just wish they'd stay off the walkways and driveway. Thought about Christmas goose but went with the prime rib instead....

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/25/13 01:16 AM

Like.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/29/13 06:36 PM

Very nice. They'll imprint that area and feed there for years if left alone by wild and domestic yard critters.
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/30/13 02:26 AM

Wild Turkey, Grey Goose, maybe you are more of a Teqiula guy. . ..

Nice batch of birds there Dritin, seems like a good pellet gun would allow some harvest with out spooking the whole bunch. . .. . .
Posted by: JTD

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/30/13 07:37 PM

The smell of a roasting goose is incredible but the end product doesn't taste anything like it at all and I still find that really confusing.

For me, Wild Goose is for jerky, sausage and Pate' but I do have a .25 Airforce pellet gun that could headshoot those consistently all day long.

Posted by: Achewter

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 12/30/13 10:25 PM

the secret to wild goose is eat it rare
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 01/01/14 11:52 PM

Not too bad a photo of some "SKY CARP"...

Keith thumbs

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 01/02/14 04:47 PM

Breast out the geese and soak in whole milk for 24 - 48 hours. The milk enzymes help break down the meat and remove any gammy flavor. Cover breast with bacon strips for moisture while cooking to medium rare (max). Delish! wink
Posted by: Misguided

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 01/05/14 06:13 PM

Have you ever tried the swiss cheese duck recipe? It works for goose but you have to butterfly a goose breast & cut it into small chunks. It is the only way to make it for a lot of people's taste.

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 01/06/14 08:04 PM

No I have not, but please do tell. If its that good, you should post it on the recipe board. Thanks,
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Winter Lawn Care.... - 01/07/14 06:26 PM

Back yard carnage.Good luck,
SZ