Special Permit results are ready!

Posted by: Dogfish

Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 05:12 PM

Got blanked on everything but one tag, Quilomene quality mule deer, with my muzzleloader. If only I knew that area. wink

Both boys got skunked.

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup
Posted by: snit

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 05:46 PM

Nice job. Me n kiddo blanked on everything.............
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 06:21 PM

Drew a Dayton Muzzy bull tag!
Posted by: larryb

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 06:33 PM

got a black hills doe. modern firearm
no elk
Posted by: Fish-Culture

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 08:20 PM

Toutle Muzzle bull and cow, and an antlerless eastside deer for the boy, gonna be a fun fall. Hope there are some healthy elk left in the Toutle, what say you Hntnfish? Its been five years since I drew last, Ive been told its gone downhill considerably.
Posted by: deerlick

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/11/14 08:21 PM

15 points and nada across the board. Idaho here I come
Posted by: Katmai Guy

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 01:11 AM

After 20 yrs of applying, got drawn for the new Mt. Washington A goat tag. On cloud nine, can't stop smilin'.

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 02:02 AM

Nice! Have fun on that hunt.
Posted by: wsu

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 01:15 PM

Those Quilomene and Dayton tags should be awesome. My dad drew the Quilomene modern tag a few years ago and we killed a masher on the first morning.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 01:41 PM

Coluckum archery cow smile I guess I get to spent some time in the Table Mtn burn!
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 02:27 PM

Toutle cow tag Modern...................I've never killed an elk just bucks.Good luck,

SZ
Posted by: steelhead59

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 02:29 PM

Wife and I both drew Boisfort cow rifle tags and have access private property to hunt on there that holds elk. Hopefully we will have elk to eat 4 years in a row. Used to hunt the east side for 33 years, too many people and hunting for spikes was B.S., since we shifted to the west side harvested 4 years in a row.
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 02:30 PM

Son and I got ZIP.

Looks like we'll go kill a half dozen deer on POW. The cabins and house are shaping up there so I need another excuse to go north.

At 11 years old I think he stands a good chance in the next couple of years of drawing a youth moose or sheep tag so I ain't too sad.

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BroodBuster
Coluckum archery cow smile I guess I get to spent some time in the Table Mtn burn!

We were up there last year during deer and elk seasons. It wasn't bad at all. We were also in that area this spring during turkey season when you finally could get up there as the snow melted. Grass is growing on a lot of the burned prairie type terrain. Some of the heaviliy forested areas were essentially sterilized by the burn with no new growth, but those areas are not the norm.

If you've hunted that area before, you shouldn't need any help. If you do want some help, let me know and I can suggest a few spots where you should have no issue finding one, and where retrieval also won't be an issue.

Happy to help.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 06:17 PM

nuthin for me. i now have 11 moose points and 10 sheep. hope I get one before i get too much older.

willy
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 08:20 PM

I drew the goose prairie any bull muzzy tag!
Posted by: Katmai Guy

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/12/14 08:54 PM

Thanks DF, going to do it with the bow. Should be good times.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/13/14 12:14 PM

Thanks Dogfish but I've been back several times since the burn. Pretty cool aint it. Sure has made the mushroom pickers (and buyers) happy and I don't think it bothered the elk one bit.

Gonna be fun watching it over the next decade or so. With logging way down these burns are going to be critical for the deer and elk.

I'm not a big fan of widowmakers though so I'm gonna have to be careful especially when choosing a camp site!
Posted by: stlhdr42

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/16/14 08:58 AM

Williams creek cow tag. Never even been there before. Heard hoof rot isn't as bad there, only reason I applied.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Special Permit results are ready! - 06/17/14 07:42 PM

Daughter got an extra garden muncher.