Home, Home on the mange...

Posted by: CedarR

Home, Home on the mange... - 11/11/16 06:35 PM

Life ain't easy being a golf course coyote. This poor pup needs a shot! Pictures were taken hurriedly through a kitchen window, yesterday.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/12/16 10:25 AM

Dr. Dogfish would what to do.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/12/16 12:45 PM

Poor song dog. Hope he gets put down quickly. I will kill the hell outta chit, but I don't like to see animals suffer.

As a side note, the island song dogs where we hunt are extremely healthy and really beautiful. Their coats are pretty amazing. That's what 1000's of rabbits will do for ya...

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/12/16 01:12 PM

Can't shoot around the golf course. A texting teen driver is about the only hope this critter has for a merciful death. Right now, the coyote is facing death by a thousand bites...fleas, mites, and likely, a few ticks. Without a healthy coat, it probably won't survive the first cold snap. I hate to see animals suffer, too.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/12/16 06:14 PM

Wife has seen 3 coyotes in as many days around the neighborhood. Have also seen several lost cat signs.
Posted by: JTD

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/13/16 10:01 PM

There is one just as bad in the Tacoma Golf and Country Club. I was driving out the other weekend and it was about thirty yard off the road following/stalking an elderly guy with a lap dog.

If it werent for city ordinances...
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 01:57 AM

Sub sonic 22 out of a bolt gun

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Let the animal control folks know. Mange in your range may be infectious...

Animal control was contacted. They said they would only respond to a diseased animal if it was "down and dying." WDFW said they no longer have an animal control officer to handle these complaints; however, they had the names and contact info for trappers who would attempt to trap and remove the animal for a fee.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 12:01 PM

Who you gonna call?

Me.

Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 12:50 PM

Shootin' a "dawg" could bring a boatload of bad karma down on your "house".

Just sayin'

grin

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 12:51 PM

That will work! shoot thumbs
Posted by: snit

Re: Home, Home on the mange... - 11/18/16 12:58 PM

What Art said....they're quieter than an air rifle.