First fawn of the year .... Twins !

Posted by: Black Bart

First fawn of the year .... Twins ! - 06/20/18 10:52 AM

Saw the first fawn of the year this morning. Cute little fella.
Momma Doe was in the front yard eating the wife's roses. He wanted in so bad but didn't have the legs to jump the 4 foot chain link fence.

Pretty cool stuff.
Posted by: wsu

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/20/18 12:16 PM

I've been seeing them for a week or two here in Oly. I forget how tiny they are when they are brand new!
Posted by: NickD90

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/20/18 06:12 PM

Saw a couple of early coyote pups the other day playing along a hillside in Snoho. Their den must have been nearby because they were just little guys - maybe 4-6 weeks old. Almost ran over a family of geese trying to cross the road. I got out, stopped traffic and did my best to herd them off the roadside. Also cute lil' fluffy bassturds. Too bad both species turn out to be jerks as adults.
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/20/18 11:09 PM

From a week or two ago....
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 08:49 AM

Driftin's photo looks like the pair in my yard the past week and a half. The doe has only one fawn this time, and it's the only young of the year that I have seen around the neighborhood this year. After all the buck rutt that went on last fall, I figured that every doe of breeding age would be dropping fawns this spring. And maybe they have, but aren't bringing them out in public just yet.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 10:20 AM

This is also the first Black Bart sighting of the Spring.
Glad all is well my Black Brother.
Posted by: CedarR

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 11:11 AM

Ran out to Ocean Shores yesterday. Even at mid-day, there were a number of deer out feeding on lawns and roadsides. Several of the does had a spotted fawn with them. Good place to closely observe them, as they are often near the road and used to human activity.
Posted by: Todd

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 11:35 AM

Seeing lots of little critters around...it's that time of year!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Black Bart

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 11:39 AM

This morning momma doe was back eating the wife's roses, what's left of them, and low and behold she has two little ones prancing around.
gotta like that !

Thanks Brett. One week shy of a year being shed of that whiskey habit. 90 pounds lighter and counting.
Posted by: Todd

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Bart
One week shy of a year being shed of that whiskey habit. 90 pounds lighter and counting.

That is awesome... you are adding years to life like crazy!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: snit

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/21/18 12:58 PM

Nice job BB, Congrats. Happy B-day!

Re: First fawn of the year - 06/22/18 08:14 AM

Yes! Congrats on your success BB - keep it up. I stopped my whiskey habit cold about 1.5 years ago and I haven't looked back. Life is so much better.
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: First fawn of the year .... Twins ! - 05/22/20 10:23 AM

Momma with this year's addition....

Re: First fawn of the year .... Twins ! - 05/22/20 02:25 PM

Very nice! That's already a pretty good sized fawn. Hope he turns into a real masher for you.