Ammo hard to find ?

Posted by: 20 Gage

Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 10:21 AM

If you were having trouble finding ammo to shoot this year, it may get even tuffer.

Nearly 8 million rounds of ammo have been stolen. The shipment heading for the US is now in the hands of the Mexican cartels. The ammunition, which is manufactured in the Mexican city of Cuernavaca, is sold in the U.S. under the brand name Aquila.

Pull !
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 02:17 PM

I've been shopping all over for Black Cloud loads for duck season to no avail....

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly
I've been shopping all over for Black Cloud loads for duck season to no avail....

Stuff can be found. We were looking for non tox / Bismuth for our 410s and 28 gages with little luck, but then hooked up with BOSS Shotshells and found what we needed.
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: GodLovesUgly

there is a sh!t ton of Heavy-Shot Bismuth and other stuff at Sportsmans, 30-50 dollars a box tho...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 05:34 PM

matter of fact, here, you can get 250 rounds of #3 Black Cloud for 389 bucks, and its in stock...

https://botach.com/federal-black-cloud-f...74383_a225280c5

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 05:39 PM

here is some BB size for 35 bucks a box..

https://clearanceoutdoors.com/federal-pr...ds/?variant=424
Posted by: GodLovesUgly

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/15/21 10:43 PM

At 35-40$ a box for steel I might not be hunting as many days in 2021…. Hot damn. I like the 3” 2 shot and I think I was paying 17$ a box last season.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 09:54 AM

I have been trying to find a particular shotgun that I want...it's a Mossberg .410 Bore Model 50109 (or the 50108)...no luck for months. Found out from a local shop that if I ordered it today thru them, Mossberg told them it will be a minimum of 90 days, but will likely be twice that, and the one I really want, the 50109, won't be available, maybe at all.

May need to reassess which new turkey gun to buy. Really liked the long barrel on the 50109 (26"), full camo synthetic stock, and a pump action that shoots 3" shells. I have young lady friend who has never hunted before, feels like a kinder intro than one of my 12 gauges.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 10:14 AM

Well, if ya just can’t find what you want, maybe I might have what you need ?

Stevens 555 silver O/U with choke tubes - As New .410

Winchester Mod 42 .410 / Mod Choke - Like New, Deluxe Pigeon Grade.

If Interested PM me, prices and .410 bullets if needed are negotiable...

Pull !

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 11:54 AM

Appreciate the offers! I'll let you know if I need to go that direction...thank you!

I'm being pretty particular at this point, so really want a pump action, camo stock, with full or interchangeable with full choke...I've got plenty of "not exactly what I want for her to shoot" on hand, and she's not scared of shooting a 12 gauge...but I really would like at .410 turkey gun of my own, too, so looking to kill two birds with one stone here, if possible.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 12:05 PM

looks like this place has one Todd, i added it to the cart and with tax came up to 657 without shipping...

dont know if you want to pay that much for a 500, but if you want the gun, there should be one available...

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/75795/

i would also call them before you order to make sure they actually have it, and its not a backorder thing that you wait 8 months for...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 12:06 PM

whoops, nevermind, sorry, that is a semi auto, not a 500...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 12:32 PM

All good, and thanks...I thought about that one, after striking out on all of the 500s, but it's a little pricey for what you get, to my mind...just not an autoloader fan.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Streamer

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 01:00 PM

I have 4-5 boxes of 16 gauge steel shot I won’t use if anyone is interested in a trade or makes a reasonable offer.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/25/21 01:11 PM

i keep seeing 16 gauge around, not a lot of people shoot it... have yet to come across a shotgun of one...

some dickhead was using steel shot on the skeet range last weekend, we were on the 1st station and i was standing back and to the right..

well one of the BB's hit the pole and flew back and smacked me right in the chest, felt like someone stuck me with a nail, hurt like hell...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/29/21 08:46 PM

Went to Sportco on Sunday to pick up a few bags of hooks for an upcoming tuna trip out of San Diego, and a gun caught my eye...went back and got it today.

Remington 870 .410 TSS Turkey Gun in full Mossyoak camo.

Was about twice the cost of the Mossberg I wanted to find, but after finding out that Mossberg was at least 90 days, and probably 180 days out even with connections, I pulled the trigger on the 870.

It's a lovely little gun, and my young lady friend will easily handle it as a first time hunter, compared to the old mule 12 gauges I hunt with.

Ammo is still preposterously hard to find, have to get it online.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/29/21 08:58 PM

ill buy you ammo when i see it if you want... been a few times there are 8 4 and 2 shot .410 ive seen... its expensive tho... walmart prices but expensive...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 06/29/21 09:42 PM

The stuff I want is #9 3" TSS, if you see any on a shelf let me know, it usually runs anywhere from $30 to $50 for a box of 5 shells!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 11:30 AM

Bought two 5ct. boxes of 3" #9 TSS online...$90 for 10 shells total, with tax and shipping.

Bought another three boxes of 3" #7 lead, 30 shells total, $75.

Still hoping to find a local source, but Cabela's, Sportco, OE, and the SW in Fed Way are all "zero inventory" on any .410 at all.

The lead is for a little practice and checking out the gun, one of the TSS is to pattern it, and the other 9 are for killing stuff.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:01 PM

I just got another case of Non Tox, 410 , 3 in, #5, and #7 shot from BOSS. $30 per box of 20 shells. Upland hunting loads, not specific to Turkey. Although, the #5’s with a full choke at 30 yards may do the trick...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:05 PM

I'll see if they have anything I want, and thanks!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:12 PM

Picked up a couple of the boxes of #7 copper plated...I checked them yesterday and and they are out of .410 TSS, didn't even check the copper plated.

Thanks!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
Bought two 5ct. boxes of 3" #9 TSS online...$90 for 10 shells total, with tax and shipping.

Bought another three boxes of 3" #7 lead, 30 shells total, $75.

Still hoping to find a local source, but Cabela's, Sportco, OE, and the SW in Fed Way are all "zero inventory" on any .410 at all.

The lead is for a little practice and checking out the gun, one of the TSS is to pattern it, and the other 9 are for killing stuff.

Fish on...

Todd

thats 9 bucks a shell...

here is a case of 50 shells, albeit its 400 dollars and 20 bucks in shipping, so roughly the same price if you care to spend that much...

https://gunprime.com/products/federal-pr...-ammo-ptss419f9

ill see if i can find anything else..

nothing on the shelves at the Marts or Sporstmans today for .410 anything...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:27 PM

these are 34.99 a box...

https://www.surplusammo.com/products/410...9-5-rounds.html

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Evo

That's where I bought the TSS...with tax and shipping, those two boxes cost $90.

Saw the 50 round package, too, but don't need that many, or want to spend that much.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 12:36 PM

here ya go Todd, Browning TSS #9s, 20.50 a box, and its in stock...

https://www.raniersec.com/product/browni...amber-5-rounds/

again, id call them, (number is upper left corner) and see if they actually have it in stock and its not just a hiccup on the website..

probably the cheapest you will find anywhere...
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 01:32 PM

Evo,

Work your online-fu-magic or in-person-fu-magic and find me some CCI 250 printers (Large Magnum Rifle Primers). Actual, in-stock, primers.

I've been on every damn waitlist for the last 4 months and nadda. Zilcho.

I got none. Can't make any more boolits without them.

-Primerless Parker

Seven months now waiting for my tax stamp for the can for this rifle, if anyone is keeping track besides me.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 01:34 PM

Rainier is a scam site...

Looking for ammo online, anywhere you find an exceptionally good deal, it's probably a scam, especially these days.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. This is why I am asking for local suppliers...I have already scoured the internet, and bought from the few that weren't scammers.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 01:37 PM

Ran across a site yesterday that said they had CC 250's in stock.

All I had to to was Zelle over they money and I'm good to go.

Are people really that stupid?

If I had any .410 ammo, I'd give it to ya.

Don't know if it's true, but I was told that a .45 ACP in a sawed off .410 makes for a great pop-n-drop weapon with no tracings on the bullet as there is no rifling in the barrel. All just heard through the grape vine and nothing I've tried to do.

If that really works, these should work in a .410. I don't know how close you'd have to get to a Tom.......

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 01:48 PM

yeah i figured that out a few minutes ago, was about to drop 2 grand on a Beretta and noticed the bitcoin and other wierd sh!t, plus it takes forever to load... good eye..

Parker, these show in stock, i added to the card, and there is however a 30 dollar hazmat fee, so it bumps it up to 80+ per thousand...

https://armerlexarmoury.com/product/cci-large-rifle-magnum-primers-250-box-of-1000-10-trays-of-100/

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 01:50 PM

theres a bunch on the broker, but its 120 for 500 of them, which is ridiculous...

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=cci%20250%20primers

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 02:01 PM

[Bleeeeep!] nevermind Parker, they are asking for Zelle or cashapp as well...

Gunbroker is the only thing i can find right now, but as i said, its ridiculous...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/01/21 03:55 PM

so anyways Parker, i called every gun shop from here to Tacoma to Bellevue, nada anywheere..

except 1 place down south...

he is an old Ex Navy guy, really really really nice...

he has Remington 9 1/2 M primers, at 100 for 1k, and Winchester 8 1/2M at the same price... hes got a bunch of reloading sh!t as well...

ill send you his number, his a chatty old dude but very polite...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/09/21 08:54 AM

All three spots that I purchased shells from online came through!

Two 20ct. boxes of #7 copper plated from Boss.
Three 10ct. boxes of Winchester #7.5 lead from Palmetto Arms.
Two 5ct. boxes of Federal Heavyweight TSS #9 from Surplus Ammo.

All in, that's 80 shells, and with tax and shipping, almost $240.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/09/21 09:09 AM

Two thumbs up for the BOSS stuff !

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/09/21 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: 20 Gage
Two thumbs up for the BOSS stuff !

Thanks for the recommendation on the BOSS copper plated...I bounced off their site as soon as I saw they didn't have the TSS I was looking for, but I think that copper plated will shoot well. Looking forward to getting the new gun and all this up in the woods to pattern them and see how it goes.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/09/21 09:27 AM

BTW - not sure if our site’s mod, mr. Parker still needs primers, but I found a few xtra boxes of CCI no. 34 rifle primers that would work for his use.

I could easily part with 200 to 500 , if he’s still looking...

Cheers

PM for primers.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/13/21 05:59 PM

Thanks for the offer 20 Ga, but I really need CCI 250's. Magnum Rifle Primers.

If anyone has a couple of boxes to sell, by all means, PM me.

I have none.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/13/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: elparquito

I have none.

Ooo...it's gonna cost ya! How many specifically and what's it worth to you? I'd take your dignity & pride in trade, but well...you know.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/14/21 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: elparquito

I have none.

If this primer plea does not produce for ya, and you still need a box or three, the cci primers I offered are thought of as “equivalent “ to the 250’s you are seeking...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/14/21 09:25 AM

The young lady I am taking hunting this fall is showing some initiative!

WDFW has a once-in-a-lifetime "mentor license" where you can get a hunting license and tags for one season, as long as you have an experienced mentor with you at all times, and my plan was for her to get one of these licenses.

Instead, she went online and signed herself up for and started her Hunter Education course so she will be able to buy her own licenses and tags.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/16/21 09:21 AM

150 gr. .270 Noslers are HARD to find. mad

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/16/21 09:42 AM

if you reload, i have some Sierra 150 grain Spitzer SP BT's if you need them... close to 100...

i dont own a .270 anything..

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 01:25 PM

Well...unfortunately the Remington Wingmaster 870 .410 TSS Turkey gun I bought has a bad shell catch, and it's not reparable.

The "new" Remington Arms is not honoring warranties, or doing any work, but the dealer I bought the gun from is going to buy it back from me.

Still am unable to find the Mossberg 500 .410 TSS Pump that wanted originally...even a couple of spots that said they had one in stock, didn't once I called them and asked.

So...just ordered the Mossberg International SA-410 Turkey gun instead. Not as much of a fan of an autoloader as I am a pump action, but since this will be primarily used by my young ladyfriend, it may be easier for her to use.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/sa-410-turkey-75795/

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:00 PM

shell catch?

you mean latch?

there should be 2 (left and right), and they are easily repairable if you can find the latches... they are held in place by one of the trigger group pins...

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:02 PM

right, and left...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143861689129?hash=item217ed32b29:g:Np0AAOSwVJJfvYFe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353291768553?hash=item5241d492e9:g:L6cAAOSwtM1fvYER

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:08 PM

Yes, those are the ones, but the smith can't get new ones, and I don't want to pay to have old ones installed in a new gun...and I am pretty turned off by having a brand new gun that the manufacturer won't warranty.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:21 PM

who told you they werent doing warranty repairs?

or is it just because of the switching of ownership?

either way, you likely wouldnt get it back in time for hunting regardless.. my friend sent his Benelli 828U Sport in for a repair on his ejectors, after only having it for 6 ish months, and it took over 4 months to get it back... Remington will be the same, or worse...

i bet if you looked around, you could find new latches, there is a left NOS from Brownells up on ebay as well, if its only 1 side you need to replace... i understand about fixing a new gun, but, well, sh!t happens, and if you want that gun specifically, you may need to "bite the shot" and just do it...

there is one of them up on GB, but it will cost you 1200 dollars...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905998748

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:27 PM

this one is 799, but it is listed as a youth, but it also says it has a 14 inch LOP, which is kinda long for a "youth" gun i would think...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906460943

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:28 PM

another at 1k...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905405926

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/30/21 02:32 PM

Those are both about $300 to $400 overpriced.

Note above...I already bought a replacement gun.

This is the email I received from Remington Arms:

Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years Our website, www.remarms.com. is now online. Production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable honor any warranty or recall offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational, we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.

We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.

If you have any reason to believe that your firearm is not functioning as it is intended, please discontinue its use immediately and take it to a qualified gunsmith for inspection.

Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility. If a firearm or other product is shipped to a Remington facility, the delivery will be rejected.

If you seek repair services for your pre-RemArms-LLC “Remington” firearm, below is a couple of repair centers who in the past serviced or repaired Remington firearms. Feel free to contact them about your firearm. For avoidance of doubt, these repair centers are completely independent of RemArms and are not RemArms’ agents, contractors, or affiliates. As such, RemArms does not endorse, guarantee, or warranty their work in any way whatsoever, and disclaims any and all liability in connection therewith. Additionally, you will be solely responsible for any charges incurred in connection with their services.

Alhman's Inc. 9525 West 230th Street Morristown, MN 55052 Phone: 507-685-4244 Fax: 507-685-4280

Paducah Shooters Supply 3919 Cairo Road Paducah, KY 42001 Phone:270-442-3242 Phone:877-772-3006 Fax:270-442-5022

Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Fall turkey season opens in 32 days.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 07/31/21 04:37 PM

Browning BPS .410 or any gage next time.
Good Luck
Posted by: Chum Man

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 08/15/21 08:28 AM

what kind of looney tune would pay $1000 for an 870? the "collector mania" around mass produced remington stuff since they went belly up is baffling to me.

those $400 pawn shop beater 700 BDLs flat disappeared, or they're asking $1200 for them. i just have to laugh.

Re: Ammo hard to find ? - 08/15/21 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Chum Man
what kind of looney tune would pay $1000 for an 870? the "collector mania" around mass produced remington stuff since they went belly up is baffling to me.

those $400 pawn shop beater 700 BDLs flat disappeared, or they're asking $1200 for them. i just have to laugh.

Possibly a few folks with money and a gun found to purchase, “ use “ the term “collector “ to make their overpriced purchase seem reasonable when pressed by the money keepers of the family.