Song Dogs

Posted by: GameHunter

Song Dogs - 02/06/02 10:23 PM

I am planning on heading out in a couple days to see how the scavengers are responding to the calls this year. I have had allot more sightings this past year big game hunting then I normally do. So I am hoping for the best. Has anyone out there laid any lead into a coyote recently. Checking to see if we have any predator hunters in camp.
Posted by: HBP

Re: Song Dogs - 02/06/02 11:04 PM

We were on our way back from elk hunting in Yakima, when we decided to head to Potholes for a quick jump shoot for some ducks, we went out behind the dam before dark to scout for the following days duck shoot when I spotted a coyote down in a coulee I wanted a coyote skin anyways,since he was out of shotgun range I broke out my .338 win mag and dispatched him,but as you can guess it makes a pretty big hole in a coyote! I might head back over that way soon cause in 5 trips over there we saw 9 coyotes and we didn't look for them real hard.
Posted by: GameHunter

Re: Song Dogs - 02/06/02 11:34 PM

Thanks for the hint HBP next time I am in the area Ill make a stop. And possibly might consider a weekend trip to the area for those paire dogs, and coyotes. I am also looking to put a cougar pelt on my wall this year. The season is coming to a end in a hurry. Ever have any sightings of such a animal. I am going to reider pit area this weekend where I saw allot of fresh track while I was riding up there a few weeks ago. Also I have seen a few cougars in the teanaway area. tell me what you think.
P.S. Do any good big game this year
Posted by: HBP

Re: Song Dogs - 02/06/02 11:56 PM

I've never seen a cougar, but I have shot a bobcat I got him over in gmu 624 on the peninsula a couple years back. A couple of the guys I hunt with have seen cougars up in what was the Snoqualmie Tree Farm near N. Bend. I didn't connect on the big stuff this year I had a shot at a nice 3x4 on opening morn but I wasn't 100 ft from my truck on the way to my stand when he jumped up I wasn't ready to see a buck that close to my truck and missed the shot OOOPS! I saw an even bigger buck, a 5x5 on the last night but I didn't get a shot before he made the timber, AW SH1T! As for elk the unit we hunt 346 is spike only so as you probably know all we saw were big bulls ( 5x6, 6x6 , 6x7 ) so you bet I'll be applying for an any bull tag next year, but it's still awesome to see elk like those!