Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!!

Posted by: Dogfish

Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/20/02 01:06 PM

Hey folks,

The results are in! Check here by typing in your WILD ID number and find out if you drew you special hunt permits.

I drew both my Mule deer and my elk tags. That makes 4 elk tags drawn in 5 years. The Master Hunter program is worth the effort!

How did you guys do?

Andy
Posted by: TRAUT

Re: Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/22/02 10:30 PM

Nice going, Andy.Good luck on the hunts.
Posted by: Fisher-Dan

Re: Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/23/02 11:28 PM

Hey Dogman,

I just got back from 10 days in Alaska.... I am SO SORE from pulling halibut up from the deep I can barely type. but I checked and:
* I drew an elk tag,
* Zach drew a deer tag where you recommended (I'd like to meet up with you for that one)
* and Chaise (Zach's younger brother) drew deer and elk.

Should be lots of shooting from my clan this fall!!!

thanks for the heads up,

FisherDan
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/25/02 01:02 AM

Holy crap Dan,

I hope you bought a lottery ticket. I guess I know what is going to be the main course for many a meal this winter.

Did both boys draw the same deer tag? Mine is in the same area in October before everybody else gets a shot a them.

I am planning on taking my nephew on a September grouse hunting trip to the area I told you about. It would make for a great easy truck camping trip for the boys, and there are plenty of blue grouse. This is in the same area where I would direct you for deer.

Lets talk.
Posted by: Fisher-Dan

Re: Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/25/02 02:18 AM

Yeah, I'm working on batches of smoked salmon right now. My Alaskan buddies have access to commerical vacuum packing and flash freezing, so we put lots of fillets up for the trip home.

As embarrassed as I am to admit it, the boys drew deer tags for different areas (one got 1st choice, one got 2nd). Both areas are close, so it should be OK.

The younger boy just keeps pointing to my biggest bull rack on the wall and telling his friends that he's gonna get one that size (I have to keep reminding him that he drew a cow tag).

I'd definitely like to take you up on the grouse/scouting trip with the boys.

We'll talk soon.

Dan
Posted by: fishrmn

Re: Special Permit Hunt drawing results are out!!!! - 07/25/02 11:21 AM

3 for 3 this year on special tags...turkey, deer, and archery elk! Got nothing last year and was hoping to get at least one.....what a deal!