Can't view Bob's movies - need help

Posted by: Dane

Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 04/28/99 02:14 PM

I have MS Media Player and RealPlayer Plus 4.0. These don't seem to work... what do you guys use to play the movies???
Posted by: Chuck

Re: Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 04/28/99 07:31 PM

Hey Dane any time i have a problem veiwing or reading something, I go to zdnet.com. They have lots of players/readers there> I am sure they have an mpeg player you can download to play Mpegs with.Kind of hard to beleive media player wont do it, seein as how microsoft claims it will play any file, but alas that is MS for you.Just type mpeg player into the search engine at zdnet and voila> Chuck
Posted by: Bob

Re: Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 04/29/99 12:10 AM

Will they not download fully for you? OR are they downloading completely and then not playing? A few more specifics please ...
Posted by: eddie

Re: Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 04/29/99 11:02 AM

Bob,

I have a problem as well. The movies will not download at all. Now, I do access the internet through a network connection at work. We have just upgraded from ISDN to T1. When we had ISDN the movies were "choppy" - jumping forward - not streaming smoothly. Now with the T1, the movies will not download at all. I suspect that there are problems with a network access to the web, but thought I would give you all the info that I had. Thanks for the board, your web site, and good luck up North!!
Posted by: Bob

Re: Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 04/29/99 11:23 PM

Eddie ... these are not meant as streaming videos ... the file needs to be fully downloaded before opening it ... otherwise you're going to encounter problems. So your best option after you have clicked on the link, is to "Save it to disk" ... I always use my desktop for a file like this. Once fully downloaded, just click on the icon on your screen and it should play in just about any media player ... good luck!
Posted by: Dane

Re: Can't view Bob's movies - need help - 05/03/99 03:34 PM

It works! I don't think my media player was an updated version, so I downloaded the most recent one (6.1) from MS, and everthing seems to work now. Thanks for the help.

-Dane