Wanted: help getting started

Posted by: Harbor_Hog

Wanted: help getting started - 12/29/99 10:08 PM

I make all my own jigs and rags and whatever else I can save a dollar or two. I have sold both on occasion on the river bank, but wouldn't mind getting into it seriously. My question is what do I need to get? Do I need a $15.00 business license? I have great computer skills and have made many labels, directions on how to rig-use the product. I am using small little 2" by 3" bags and then making them look really profesionall. I am just curious is there anyway to increase business? thanks for all the advice!
Posted by: Eric

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/29/99 10:36 PM

Hey Andy,

caught 3 in the boat today floating the river we fished yesterday. Nothing big but all chromers. Did you go today?

Eric
Posted by: Divers

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/29/99 10:36 PM

Andy, why not try a web page. Maybe even try a fishermans expo and try to promote it there. good luck.

[This message has been edited by divers (edited 12-29-1999).]
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/29/99 10:49 PM

Andy,

a webpage sounds like the best way to go. with pictures of yer products, free info updates on products, maybe a running list of who caught what on that gear that a customer would be intrested in with a picture of the fish with yer product. get my point. let the pictures take over and do the advertising for you kind of thing. Then customers will know what works and what might not. I am inttrested in some of you're products. I have wanted to try the rags and some aero-flys but don't know where to start.

dcrzfitter
Posted by: Stadle

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/29/99 11:59 PM

The web page is a great idea. You also might want to consider getting your product on some shelves to take advantage of people who wait until they day before they go to get their tackle.
Try and get some local stores such as, Swansons,Monte Square or maybe even Dennis Company to put your product on the shelf. It may take some work, but would probably be worth it.
Also, you should probably consider a trade name of some sort.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/30/99 03:10 AM

Andy
drop me a email and I will help you promote your stuff. I run www.steelheader.net
Marty
Posted by: Jim Bain

Re: Wanted: help getting started - 12/30/99 03:19 PM

Andy, I don't say this selfishly but get some in guides hands at least those who are willing to use a jig. A lot of people hadn't heard of Ande line until, Ande got a hold of Clancy Holt...not that I use Ande, but it did give it some exposure.

------------------
Jim Bain
Always have Fun while Fishing!!!