Cicero bridge closure?

Posted by: Rick Mueller

Cicero bridge closure? - 01/02/00 06:12 PM

Does anyone know why there is a lock on the gate at the Cicero Bridge in Trafton on the N. Fork of the Stiily? Any info would be appreciated.
Posted by: Preston Singletary

Re: Cicero bridge closure? - 01/02/00 07:28 PM

I drove by there yesterday on my way up to the Sauk and noticed the gate. On my way home, I stopped to talk to Mike Kinney who guides on the Stilly, Sauk and Skagit. It's the same old story; that access is private property, and the owner finally got fed up with the litter and with people camping there without permission for weeks at a time, so he installed a gate. Mike says that there is a WDFW access just downstream of the gated area, but it's completely undeveloped. Would anyone be interested in contacting the WDFW about getting a work party together to clear out some sort of launch site there? Get in touch with me at psinglet@gte.net and maybe we can do something about it.
Posted by: Lazy Drifter

Re: Cicero bridge closure? - 01/03/00 02:25 PM

It would be better to keep it undeveloped.I would rather drag my boat to the river than have sleds be able to launch there. At least now they have to run up from Arlington to fish the stretch between Cicero and the Quarry.Nothing against sleds, as long as they stick to the big water.
Posted by: Lazy Drifter

Re: Cicero bridge closure? - 01/03/00 04:25 PM

OOps. I wasn't finished yet. There is a spot just downstream that can be accessed. With a 4x4 you should be able to take you trailer right to the water. I don't know if this is the place Mike K. was refering to.I was not aware that it was owned by WDFW.
Posted by: bugtosser

Re: Cicero bridge closure? - 01/04/00 12:49 AM

I haven't been to Cicero in a while. Is the gate just below the bridge where you have to drop your boat over the bank? If so, where is the undeveloped launch? I've driven all over up there trying to find a different launch from Cicero. Thanks for any info.