kalama river

Posted by: Todd

kalama river - 12/29/99 03:15 PM

has anyone been fishing in the Kalama river?
I would appriciate any reports.
Posted by: longreleaser

Re: kalama river - 12/29/99 07:02 PM

I have fished it every day this week. As the saying goes, you should have been there yesterday. The river is now low and clear and there are few new fish coming in. Maybe if we get the predicted rain this weekend it will improve.
Posted by: Stadle

Re: kalama river - 12/29/99 10:21 PM

I have not been down there yet, but I just got a copy DFW smolt plants for this years fish and the Kalama got a much bigger plant for winter runs than in the past few years. With the way things are elsewhere it might be a good bet. If it stays low, hit the river from the first hatchery down.

good luck
Posted by: Fish

Re: kalama river - 12/30/99 12:26 PM

Fished the Kalama yesterday from day light to about 3:00pm, from Pritchards down to Modrow, got one on right away and lost it, but a short time after, I hit an awesome chrome bright 8lb hen. Seen several others caught, had a boat pull in next to us at the launch with 4 and they said they had nine total and released 5. Its definitely worth a shot.

Later Fish
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: kalama river - 01/04/00 01:53 AM

I fished the Kalama on 12/27 and 28. Saw a boat with a fish on below the hatchery the first day. No luck myself.
Posted by: T Dodge

Re: kalama river - 01/05/00 07:25 PM

I fished the Kalama quite a bit this winter since 12/10/99 and it has been pretty good when reports from just about everywhere else were poor. Was catching or hooking nice fish each trip until 12/30,31, when it seemed to slow somewhat. Was fishing at the deadline and the several holes below it. I caught fish on sandshrimp under a bobber, but saw fish caught on drift gear, pink worms, eggs, spoons and spinners. Who can tell me something about fishing those giant deep hole in the canyon, like the Italian Creek holes? Thanks for any help!

------------------
Tad