Elocoman still in?

Posted by: Kevin

Elocoman still in? - 01/04/00 10:51 AM

Was just wondering if anyone knew what the river looked like? Was thinking about going down tommorow but don't know if its still fishable. Any info sould be appreciated.
Tight lines and thanx
Kevin
Posted by: grumpyr

Re: Elocoman still in? - 01/04/00 10:20 PM

Yo kev, what are you doing all your fishing in the middle of the week now? My buddy Dan hit the Elochaman last week and did OK.How about lets try and get together for a weekend trip.
Ted
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Elocoman still in? - 01/04/00 11:47 PM

Ted,

Hate to rain on your parade (pun intended) but I heard the 'Loc went out yesterday with the storm and if any more wet stuff falls between now and the weekend, I'd think you might be driving past your best shot at a fish ( Blue Creek).

I'm just hoping for not too much more so I can head north for the weekend, but the forecast makes it look like I might wind up at Blue Creek too........didn't I learn my lesson LAST time?

Fish on.........
Posted by: Kevin

Re: Elocoman still in? - 01/05/00 05:27 PM

Thanx for the info. Does the 'Loc follow any other river with a guage on it for coming in or going out(the Naselle?) you can e-mail me if you want. Thanx and tight lines

Kevin

p.s. Ted give me a call
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Elocoman still in? - 01/05/00 11:13 PM

Kev,

I've never been able to find anything else it follows, and it changes color different from the Naselle. But, you can call down to the Beaver Creek hatchery @ 360-795-3620 and the dude there will tell you how the river looks. I prefer fishing it when it's on the low side.

Fish on..........
Posted by: umrules

Re: Elocoman still in? - 01/07/00 09:36 AM

Got a report from a buddy that fished it Thursday and it wasn't good. said the river is real high and passing too much water to fish. He fished it below the lower Hatchery and saw NO action from 7am 1 pm. Hope it gets back into shape because it was producing pretty well prior to blowing out Wednesday night.